******Posting! Don't change the core of A-bodies.

-
I don't expect everyone to "get along" but I would hope that we make an effort to be more civil with our differences or get tossed out.

I feel the personal attacks I have seen here recently are ebarrasing and childish.
Some need to put a little distance between thier ego and "knee jerk" responses.
I like joking and smartassing as much as any others do, but obviously the mean spirited stuff is taking it's toll or we wouldn't be having this conversation.

It's just too bad that it got to a point where it is hurting one of the people we both know darn well does not deserve what it is doing to them.

I have said this many times.....perception.....it is often difficult to perceive how something should be taken. Often times what to one person is a smart *** comment is a very hurtful thing to another. It is virtually impossible for me to "know" how you are meaning for something to be taken without seeing the look in your eyes, body language and tone of voice. For example, just look at some of the things that RustyRatRod fires off. To someone who does not know him, and often times even those of us that do, they are quite harsh. (Sorry Rob, did not mean to single you out) Simple as that. It is not a matter of if I agree with you. We all have our own way of understanding things. To a point, if you don't have some what of a thick skin than maybe an internet forum as large as this is not the place for you.

As to people getting tossed out....as a former Moderator I can tell you tat is probably not going too happen anytime soon. Joey is not one one for tossing people out "just because" they are a bit harsh and abrasive....and even when someone does get tossed.....they very well might be let back in down the road....

told me he was upset over all the "hate" in many threads here on FABO and wished that members could get along better. There has been a lot of putting people down, bad language, arguing, even putting down peoples other hobbies or interests (I have noticed this too). Mike didn't say he was upset with any one person, just really sad to see the site in such despair lately. :sad5:

Don't know any other way to word this......but welcome to the real world. It is full of hatred, putting people down, bad language and arguing. I have noticed that as of late a lot more "offensive" , not to me but, language as been allowed. I reported a few f-bombs that were not removed. I took it to mean one of two things, that either bad language is going to be allowed or that because of my "history" with some of the moderators that they are just ignoring me.
Unless the powers that be were to step in and come up with some sort of iron clad "rules", that are NOT OPEN for interpenetration, you are going to have the constant bickering. Just fact of life. And speaking as a former Moderator I think that is the last thing that Joey wants to have happen. When I was a Moderator he more or less told me to "use my best judgement" in how to deal with trouble makers. That being said, here comes that "perception" thing again. What is offensive to one is not to another. I have received more than one PM from members here about some of the jokes I posted, Mike included. These PM's were all the same, that my joke is off key, distasteful etc. And damn near everyone said something to the effect that if I would not stand up in front of a mixed crowd and say what I did than I should not have said it. And they all got the same response....I would stand up in a mixed crowd and tell my joke. Because a joke is a joke.
Ramble ramble ramble.
I have said this a few times......I live where I do, with my yard fenced in and gates locked for one simple reason.....I hate the world. Simple as that. But at the same time I understand that my hatred for damn near everyone is MY problem. Expecting folks to stop hating each other and putting others down is just un-realistic. There is bound to be a few here that are going to think I do not hate you because I talk to you. Hate to be the bearer of bad news....I do hate you. For that matter I hate myself....and if I am capable of hating myself how difficult do you think it would be for me to hate you? But one thing my mental health issues have taught me, in particular my hatred for damn near everybody, is that I have to be able to accept people for who they are. That I need to accept the fact that the world is a cold, often times nasty place. And it is not going to change just because I want it to. To me, there is a simple solution, accept things for what they are or just move on. Leopards rarely change there spots.......

I had the pleasure of speaking with Mike on the phone yesterday, we had a real nice long talk and it was nice to hear he is doing good. We talked a little bit about the site too, Mike told me he was upset over all the "hate" in many threads here on FABO and wished that members could get along better. There has been a lot of putting people down, bad language, arguing, even putting down peoples other hobbies or interests (I have noticed this too). Mike didn't say he was upset with any one person, just really sad to see the site in such despair lately. :sad5:

Mike told me, "Keith, I am a simple man who lives a simple life, and its doing simple things that make this man relax and unwind"

Mike will be back on FABO, might be a week, maybe more but he will be back when he is ready. I know he already misses what goes on here, like many of us, this site is part of our daily routine. Mike said he has a lot to keep him busy up on the hill, especially with the seasons starting to change. He wants to get some time in fishing so he can stock up his freezer, also has to get Victoria dolled up for a car show that benefits children that he is really looking forward to.

Mike and Treva, I hope I didn't step on any toes posting this, just wanted to share a little about how Mike has been feeling. We all miss him and its only been a few days. I hope others will read this thread and try to be a little nicer and friendly. The other day I read a comment that really upset me in a thread, I wanted to fire back and post my feelings...but I thought about Mike and decided to leave it be and walk away, wasn't worth it.

Here are some pics I took this morning for you Mike, I was in a hurry but took a moment to slow down and enjoy a "simple" moment, hope they put a smile on your face :thumblef:

Thanks for posting this Keith! I will be looking forward to seeing Mike back posting again.

Sunrise over Roadrunner power bulge

Nice.

I Thank You for sharing that with us. when they asked me to be a moderator I was worried at first and wasn't sure I wanted to be one....now that I am one I see why they asked me although I have changed with the duties, it used to be easy if a person was out of line ask them nicely to stop and it was all good..now you get people wanting to call the moderator bad for doing the job and I made myself scarce for a while with family issues and I felt similar to how some others who took a break felt...although I still came on and moderated I stayed out of the spotlight, I guess I see even more that we have to keep at it and chuck the Bad Apples or we are going to lose the Great Apples.....Ya'll Please Try to get along or move away from a thread that causes you grief...report the thread, report the person it is confidential,All of the Moderators here are members here and donate their time to help keep this site friendly for all. If You are friends with us that is great and we like friends too....if You screw up we will inform You just as any other member..if you keep screwing up you will get infractions or Banned and it has nothing to do with friendship...it has to do with You screwing up...friend or not yur gonna see the door. Please don't take it so personal when your friends try to help you NOT do the stuff You want to do knowing its wrong and embarrassing your friends. and don't make the moderators Hate their jobs...they do their jobs for love of the Hobby and of the family atmosphere and Love of the people who are part of forabodiesonly.com
This is an interesting site with lots of helpful members and great information. I really don't post often but do like to surf the posts so to speak.

Now I've been a member here for about 6 months. In that time i have noticed a few things. The most obvious is that regardless of what post i look at i am going to see most of the same 20 odd names that seem to comment all the time, anytime of day. I guess they must be retired or something. Not a bad thing, just saying. I must admit though that it makes me feel as if my posting would be rude or unwelcome because I'm interrupting a bunch of buddies shooting the breeze.

The second thing is the overall feeling I get from the place lately. You can't seem to spend more than 5 minutes here before you start seeing members posting rude, insulting or threatening comments. Not sure why (bad economy, stress, mortgages, jobs?) but it reminds me of Jerry Springer. It was fun to watch for a while but gets old quick and no way I would ever jump up on stage. Easier to just switch the channel.

I probably won't post this because I don't want to get into some kinda Internet bullying session but if i do i just thought the Mods / Owner may be interested in what a new member thinks.

I have been a member here for a while 5/08 and have 387 posts .2 per day. I got an Infraction from rumblefish360 for inappropriate language and got some time off for a week or so. That opened my eyes to what a privilege this place is. There is so much knowledge here. memike don’t let a few bad people drive you off you have so many friends here. I'm on here first thing in the morning before work, during work, after work and before bed. I'm :lurk: all the time but not saying much. memike you must have a trillion posts or so. You are a part of this site more than anybody that I know here. I have said too much, so all that I can say if you leave would be like no Dale Earnhardt or Richard Petty in Nascar. Don't pay attention to those ASSES.
muddacres
http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/member.php?u=1189

I miss you MeMike!
I love you, man...
C

I Thank You for sharing that with us. when they asked me to be a moderator I was worried at first and wasn't sure I wanted to be one....now that I am one I see why they asked me although I have changed with the duties, it used to be easy if a person was out of line ask them nicely to stop and it was all good..now you get people wanting to call the moderator bad for doing the job and I made myself scarce for a while with family issues and I felt similar to how some others who took a break felt...although I still came on and moderated I stayed out of the spotlight, I guess I see even more that we have to keep at it and chuck the Bad Apples or we are going to lose the Great Apples.....Ya'll Please Try to get along or move away from a thread that causes you grief...report the thread, report the person it is confidential,All of the Moderators here are members here and donate their time to help keep this site friendly for all. If You are friends with us that is great and we like friends too....if You screw up we will inform You just as any other member..if you keep screwing up you will get infractions or Banned and it has nothing to do with friendship...it has to do with You screwing up...friend or not yur gonna see the door. Please don't take it so personal when your friends try to help you NOT do the stuff You want to do knowing its wrong and embarrassing your friends. and don't make the moderators Hate their jobs...they do their jobs for love of the Hobby and of the family atmosphere and Love of the people who are part of forabodiesonly.com

Well said Waggs, I thank you and all the mods for the great job you do.

Hey treva, let mike know Asa and keegan have taken over the auction for him and it is doing quite well.

Let mike know thats a wonderful thing he did and I wish I was able to get in on it.

This is an interesting site with lots of helpful members and great information. I really don't post often but do like to surf the posts so to speak.

Now I've been a member here for about 6 months. In that time i have noticed a few things. The most obvious is that regardless of what post i look at i am going to see most of the same 20 odd names that seem to comment all the time, anytime of day. I guess they must be retired or something. Not a bad thing, just saying. I must admit though that it makes me feel as if my posting would be rude or unwelcome because I'm interrupting a bunch of buddies shooting the breeze.

The second thing is the overall feeling I get from the place lately. You can't seem to spend more than 5 minutes here before you start seeing members posting rude, insulting or threatening comments. Not sure why (bad economy, stress, mortgages, jobs?) but it reminds me of Jerry Springer. It was fun to watch for a while but gets old quick and no way I would ever jump up on stage. Easier to just switch the channel.

I probably won't post this because I don't want to get into some kinda Internet bullying session but if i do i just thought the Mods / Owner may be interested in what a new member thinks.

X2 msaund69, Thank you jump in at anytime and enjoy, I do understand and I like what you are thinking as you look through our threads. Well said sir and again thank you.

Thank you Wagg's, Treva asked me to see these post and I want to thank you and msaund69 for the incite and to all the folks/members here.
I sure did not mean to stir up feelings the way I have :eek:ops:
I am a mess sometimes :eek:ops:

Hey treva, let mike know Asa and keegan have taken over the auction for him and it is doing quite well.

Let mike know thats a wonderful thing he did and I wish I was able to get in on it.

Thank you Matt, I am so proud of Kegan and Asa for taking this as a comity
and sharing the responsibility to keep our help thread moving forward for Rob.

Prayers for strength , wisdom and humbleness to all.

This site and members are one of a kind and can never be replaced.

Know I just have to decide weather to .. use 8lbs test or 12 this season :hello2:

MeMike don't worry about a thing. You are FABO and you have done nothing wrong and needed a break. I am glad to see you posting. I have missed you here, when I was feeling bad your posts and pictures made me feel better.

Know I just have to decide weather to .. use 8lbs test or 12 this season :hello2:

Use the 12lb Mike.....Got a feeling there's a big boy or two with your name on them...lol.

Take your time, and take care, Rick

memike come down to Alabama and wet a hook in my backyard, you are welcome anytime, joe

I have said this a few times......I live where I do, with my yard fenced in and gates locked for one simple reason.....I hate the world. Simple as that. But at the same time I understand that my hatred for damn near everyone is MY problem. Expecting folks to stop hating each other and putting others down is just un-realistic. There is bound to be a few here that are going to think I do not hate you because I talk to you. Hate to be the bearer of bad news....I do hate you. For that matter I hate myself....and if I am capable of hating myself how difficult do you think it would be for me to hate you? But one thing my mental health issues have taught me, in particular my hatred for damn near everybody, is that I have to be able to accept people for who they are. That I need to accept the fact that the world is a cold, often times nasty place. And it is not going to change just because I want it to. To me, there is a simple solution, accept things for what they are or just move on. Leopards rarely change there spots.......

I admire your honesty. Sharing honestly involves risk.

My understanding is that evil resides in all people, restrained in some more than others but there nonetheless. We are all masters of self deception. We see it in others but rarely even get a glimpse of what resides in our own hearts. And yes, as I see it, we come into the world far more hard wired than most could ever imagine. The way we are is dictated by DNA. We have to play the hand we are dealt.

:D Hi Mike.......It's great to see 'ya my friend :hello2:

Mike, you are allowed to stir up feelings anytime you wish. Seems everytime You stir up feelings somebody including myself gets a tear in the eye...a tear for the compassionate person you are...a tear that comes from the heart, A tear that makes everyone think about what being a part of a family is about...yes all family's have their up's and downs but you always are the one that put's it into words that we understand, I think I can speak for all of us here at f.a.b.o. Mike we love you!
p.s. not in a weird way Lol :)
X2 msaund69, Thank you jump in at anytime and enjoy, I do understand and I like what you are thinking as you look through our threads. Well said sir and again thank you.

Thank you Wagg's, Treva asked me to see these post and I want to thank you and msaund69 for the incite and to all the folks/members here.
I sure did not mean to stir up feelings the way I have :eek:ops:
I am a mess sometimes :eek:ops:

Thank you Matt, I am so proud of Kegan and Asa for taking this as a comity
and sharing the responsibility to keep our help thread moving forward for Rob.

Prayers for strength , wisdom and humbleness to all.

This site and members are one of a kind and can never be replaced.

I agree 100% Curtis. I told him in a PM that he shook up a lot of people, including me. I'm intend to be better and encourage everybody else to do it too.

I agree 100% Curtis. I told him in a PM that he shook up a lot of people, including me. I'm intend to be better and encourage everybody else to do it too.

I agree with Curtis also & nice response Rob....I'm not an angel either, but I try real hard to keep my negative thoughts off the site & to myself :silent:

Waggs, Rob & C :thumleft:. I just hope the right people see this thread, and take your advice. I don't check as many forum's and post's as I used to, and i personally have not had any issue myself. But when I saw Mike's recent concerns, i had to take notice. I hope I haven't rubbed anyone the wrong way? I've tried to be honest about everything I've posted here as far as my experience and my life. I will never claim to know a lot, and never bad mouth someone with a different opinion. I'm old enough to have been thru a lot of life's experiences, (crap...lol.). I hope if i step outside the lines, that the good members here will call me on it, because that would never be my intention.

Wow! i sure missed a lot!
Glad to see memike is back, what would we do without him?

Hey Mike, glad to see you back. It doesn't matter which line you use. Just getting out fishing is good enough. Catching something is the bonus.

Kind of reminds me of this site. Just being here is good enough. The friends are the bonus.

Jack

Thank you. Its nice to see someone is keeping an eye on things. Best of luck to everyone.

-
Back