posting pictures,school me a little

-

jdsduster

Reaction score
sorry about my lack of skills but.is there an easier way to post photos.i have take picture with my digital camera,find the cable that connects to my laptop,download to a file,go back paste it and then download,bla,bla,bla.and this is with my wife doing it,please tell the simple way.

Click the arrow next to the paper clip

Upload the photos ( up to ten at a time)

Close that window after upload is complete

Click the arrow next to the paper clip again

click insert/all

Unfortunately not that simple. The pictures themselves can't be too high of a resolution. If you have Windows 7, you can right click on the picture itself to resize, then save as something else in that same folder, that way you don't lose the originals.

Look for IMAGE RESIZER for Windows XP
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/xp-downloads?T1=PT#2TC=powertoys
It's from Microsoft itself so it's legit. Same one I used for entire folders. Works great! Just do a SAVE AS so you don't alter your originals.

If you have Windows 7 you open the picture itself then chose the 'resize' option that is at the top. One at a time, or maybe control/enter for more than one? but it works great also. What I use now since I have Windows 7. And trust me, I was a caveman as far as computers less than 10 years ago, so if I can do it, anyone else can.

Ya maybe not that easy for others I guess but that's how I do it. I only take photos with my phone and upload direct from my phone to here or Facebook then upload them here. So either they are small enough to begin with or get resized along the way but either way I don't do anything but upload.

1970-Dart that's right. If the pictures are small enough in resolution you don't need to do anything. Some of the later pictures in my resto thread were taken with my phone and then loaded on to here. If you use a high resolution camera then you will need to resize them.

Are you saying my phone is not high resolution lol I'm gonna tell those apple people. Well that's good to know so of I ever use a real camera to take pics.

I use Paint to resize my photos as needed. I got a new camera and the resolution was set too high. A trip to the Mopar Nats and I had over a hundred shots too big to post. My "computer head" son resized the whole file for me. I have no idea how he did it though. I can get them done in Paint one at a time. Paint is part of the Microsoft programs that are loaded on your computer. Here's a sticky on the subject: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=3540&highlight=resize

Yeah, I did also until I found the Power Toy resize tool for Windows XP. That works great, now I have Windows 7 and there is an edit feature that allows that, no further download of programs needed. See my first post this thread for the Power Toy link.

If you set your camera to 5 m pixels or 620×480 (or close to that) once you save them to your computer you won't have to resize them to upload them here

-
Back