Powder Coating Suspension

-

salinasjoel

Learning Daily
Reaction score
Getting ready to have my UCA's, LCA's, and Strut Rods sent in to powder coat. For those who have done this what parts do you make sure do not recieve powder coating? Is it just the threads I should worry about or should I make sure they steer clear of where the bushing press in as well?

Thanks
Joel

If you are sending the parts to Leanna, she knows what needs to be masked and what doesn't! FWIW she's the only one I would use.

modern 2 part paints are very hard and will stand up very well if it matters.

If you are sending the parts to Leanna, she knows what needs to be masked and what doesn't! FWIW she's the only one I would use.

My thoughts exactly.... :glasses7:

If you send them to Leanna, she will do them right... :cheers:

(The girl knows her ****....) :sign7:

who? Ive got some parts im getting ready to hunt around for a powder coater for?

who? Ive got some parts im getting ready to hunt around for a powder coater for?

She's a member of the forum and does awesome work, her screen name is cudachick1968...

Browse around her web site to see what she can do. She has done valve covers in 6 colors, and does the best wrinkle black for commando valve covers and air cleaners. She built her own 68 Barracuda by herself and is a "car guy/gal".

http://phoenixspecialtycoatings.com/index.html

Here are some threads complimenting her work, I've never seen a thread complaining about the quality of her work, she always takes the time to do a nice job on every part that she touches... She treats every part as if it was her own and going on her car. If she wouldn't put it on her car, she won't ship it to you until it's right...

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=243879&highlight=psc

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=212369&highlight=psc

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=152071&highlight=psc

Good shops have done enough of this type stuff, to know what to mask/plug. I only use these guys. They've been doing powder-coating for DECADES, and almost all custom work, not production. They also do awesome ceramic coatings.

www.qccoatings.com

Jeff's Powder Coating in Monroe, MI has done everything on my car build. He klnows what needs to be masked off or plugged as well.

Riddler

Don and Karl, thank you both for the kind words and recommendations! :-D Dukeboy, if you're in a hurry you might want to check with some other places -- I've NEVER been so swamped in the middle of March as I am right now. If you're willing to wait, I guarantee it will be worth it.

Don and Karl, thank you both for the kind words and recommendations! :-D Dukeboy, if you're in a hurry you might want to check with some other places -- I've NEVER been so swamped in the middle of March as I am right now. If you're willing to wait, I guarantee it will be worth it.

I'm in ZERO hurry/rush. its gonna be fall before i even get the body work on my car done.

Browsed your website and am thoroughly impressed

I'm in ZERO hurry/rush. its gonna be fall before i even get the body work on my car done.

Thank you sir! < curtsey > :-D (Check back in a few weeks -- the website is new but unsatisfying to me so I'll be changing things shortly.)

Give her a call and reserve a spot in line... :toothy1:

Good things come to those who wait... :farao:

Give her a call and reserve a spot in line... :toothy1:

Good things come to those who wait... :farao:

My problem is now determining what exactly I want now that I've seen her capabilities :D

My problem is now determining what exactly I want now that I've seen her capabilities :D

The sky's the limit with her... Dream your best dream for your parts and she can do it....

She usually exceeds expectations... :cheers:

Also, if you ever get powder coat on somewhere you don't want it, brake fluid removes it easily.

Also, if you ever get powder coat on somewhere you don't want it, brake fluid removes it easily.

Just as a test, I stuck one of my old coated brackets in a sealed jar of old used and nasty DOT 3 for a year and a half because I'd heard that before. It's still in there, and still looks just fine. The brake fluid hasn't affected my work at all.

-
Back