Power Bucket Seat in an A Body?

-
Did the same in my convertible.

View attachment 1715609205
I also put a pair of Chrysler Sebring seats in my 68 Barracuda. The driver side seat was powered the passenger side was manual. The nice thing about the Sebring seats is they have the shoulder harness in the seat back, so if your car does not have shoulder belts, the Sebring seat is an easy way to get that. My 68 Barracuda was built prior to Jan 1 1968, so it did not have shoulder belts.
The Sebring shoulder belts are inertia activated so be sure to also get the inertia module. This posting has good information on what year Sebring seats are easier for the inertia box wiring install.
Chrysler Sebring convertible seats (corvairkid.com)
The Sebring seats are heavy and I ended up taking them out and adding the shoulder belt attachment to the roof and put in a lighter weight non power seat as I am the only one that drives the car and with autocross in the cars plans I wanted to take weight out of it.
Although the Sebring seats were comfortable and a good fit in the car.

Last edited:
I saw in another thread that a guy used mid 80's BMW seats out of an e-46 (vert). They look by far, the most comfy option - heated, memory position, and 3-point seat belt.

Just go to a junkyard with some measurements and find ya one for 20 bucks.
Without seeing this email thread, I spent the better part of 2 hours looking into cars in a pull and pick junk yard yesterday. Nothing there for $20 my friend. Sebring front seat with air bag and integral seat belt was quoted at about $150 to $180. Yes, that's after you pulled that ONE seat out yourself. Lord help you if you needed a pair.

Without seeing this email thread, I spent the better part of 2 hours looking into cars in a pull and pick junk yard yesterday. Nothing there for $20 my friend. Sebring front seat with air bag and integral seat belt was quoted at about $150 to $180. Yes, that's after you pulled that ONE seat out yourself. Lord help you if you needed a pair.
Then you overpaid. They’ve gone up a bit now, but buckets of any kind at the local one here are 30-60 bucks a pop.

EF389206-2329-4ECD-ACE4-5F3E841AC752.png

42AE88F6-D496-46C2-A33C-14D2F43CBAE0.png

I saw in another thread that a guy used mid 80's BMW seats out of an e-46 (vert). They look by far, the most comfy option - heated, memory position, and 3-point seat belt.

I can attest to the fact that E46 seats are comfortable. We had a 2004 330ci convertible for about five years.

-
Back