Power limits for LA small blocks?

-
600 hp by 5800 on a stoke stroke, please DO show me how! N/A & Cheaply would be great!

LMAO

600 hp by 5800 on a stoke stroke, please DO show me how! N/A & Cheaply would be great!

LMAO

I remember seeing the build somewhere
It was pretty much a standard 10.5 cr 440 short block with 240 trick flows and can't remember the hydraulic roller cam specs.

Makes me want to go big block :)

And the 360 was ported W2 heads with all the trimmings.

I'd love to read the small block build!!!
I can expect that power from the big block.

Where's the 5800 rpm 600 hp stoke stroke small block build?

Also, that engine wasn't a cheap one to build pulling out a host of tricks and expensive ones at that like the CNC'ing of the heads with replaced valves at 2.08, heavily worked on intake, etc

Hell of a lift on that cam vs. the duration.

I like the engine but it is not easily repeatable for the majority of the people. Erase what they want (impossible outputs) with bolt on parts! LMAO!!!

Where's the 5800 rpm 600 hp stoke stroke small block build?

No I was just agreeing with ya that V8 don't need to spin high to make power. Even what we consider small displacement now days and gave a couple of examples. And the 600 hp power engine was the 440 and the 500 was the 360.

Ya that small block was built for an engine challenge all tricked out. But probably could build similar with victor heads or similar but ya ain't gonna be cheap.

I'm thinking on my engine if I port my heads and and bump the CR closer to 10:1 with quench could hit 450-475 without moving the powerband too high.

OH! OK! True! I am considering (sb) Victor heads for later use. With the way they sit, if all reads right, the power as cast could be really significant without getting into extra monies spent, time and hassle of porting.

Gotta agree with ya man!
Just a DANM shame that race blocks are no more.

-
Back