power steering and heat?

-
I don't think so. In 69 when you could buy a M code 440 Dart you couldn't get P/S because of the limited room. The duster is the same engine compartment as the Dart.

there enough room to only run power steering.u can only the schumaker headers for it. or have some c-body or b-body exhaust manifolds milled it clear power steering.

i have p/s in my duster. im useing the tri-y headers. as far as heat, i dont have it but it can be done. i have a friend of mine who is running the black mopar performance alm valve covers on his 440 and still has heat in his. he had to notch the pass side valve cover but it works very well. its not even noticeable.

My late friend's Long Ram Dart had heat and power steering.

Picture taken after he installed a new front end and was not put totally back together.

Notice P/S pump at end of fan blade.

PA241353.jpg

Ya I guess i go with out heat but can I use power steering with schumacher headers?

the few big block abodies i did all had heat. just had to use th eright valve covers to clear the stock blower motor. i used manual steering but we did do a friends dart with power steering and pro parts headers. only problem was a few of the driver side plugs were a real ***** to get to.

Do a search here on on BigblockDart. I remember someone reworking there blower motor to get it to work with other VCs.

Ya I guess i go with out heat but can I use power steering with schumacher headers?
those will work thats why schumaker makes those headers to clear power steering.view them at engine-swaps.com u can use heat but if u use the tall valve covers the heater motor will hit the one valve cover.won't hit with the stock size valve cover.

ok sounds good thanks for help. Prob is I am not sure if the girl can drive it with out power steering and I don't want to have all the fun :)

Prob is I am not sure if the girl can drive it with out power steering :)[/QUOTE]

Perfect !!!!!! :toothy10:

Go to Schumachers web site and under their installation instructions they show that a 440 will work with p/s with some grinding on an ear on the gear box.

-
Back