power steering box re-seal ?

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of a good source for a re-seal kit for a power steering box.

I am considering converting a manual steering car to power steering but the power steering box I have is leaking and that will not work.

If its too expensive or too hard I will just leave it manual but I have a parts car with the power set up which is why I wanted to use it ....basically because its there.

Make sure you have the right year model parts. You wouldn't want to spend money on a pwr steering gear that wont work in your car.
If the input shaft of the gear box moves in and out of the seal when turned it probably has a worn area in the shaft dia' also. A new seal there fixes nothing.

If still available, had good luck with ATSCO as a parts guy.

Lookup my post w/ photos. You can get the kits on rockauto <$20. Edleman is one brand. 1973+ gears are different (larger sector shaft) and the same gear as all years of B,C, & E bodies.

You probably know that you will need a shorter steering column. Many here would trade you even or even pay you, since more change to manual steering to fit headers.

when I did my 67 Dart GT I went to local parts house to see if they could order me one. He asked 6 cyl or v8 and I asked why and he said the v8 has a faster ratio so since I was putting a sb I told him v8. He said no problem I have both in stock and they are the same price. Don't remember price both wasn't too bad. So you may want to check parts house

-
Back