Power Steering Box / Reman wanted

-

Brad426

Reaction score
How hard can it be to find a remanufactured power steering box for a 1969 Plymouth Valiant? Even e-Bay is dry. Please suggest a good source?
Thanks all

Attachments

• Yard Gnomes.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 151
Steer and Gear or Firm Feel but their prices will be a lot higher than your local auto parts store.

I bought one from an obscure site and it didnt fit, still got my half broke manual gear box on it :S at this point I would just be exctatic to have a good manual that has tight steering

Still looking but, JC seems the best so far, Steer & Gear are way big bucks for me and the other list the box but, have no stock. Thanks so far all. I'll keep you posted.

You scared me, so I looked. rockauto shows them from $99 to $145, and they usually have what they list. The killer is shipping costs (2 ways w/ core), so too bad your local auto parts can't get. The Cardone choice ($99) has you ship yours first so you must manage min 2 weeks out-of-service.

If my self re-build doesn't work (see my post), I will be in the same boat, otherwise I'll continue that approach. So far, I spun the pump with an electric drill and seems to work fine. I recommend getting a spare (I have) since "small shaft" ones may get rare, and people almost give them away now when converting to manual for headers. Rock shows a manual rebuild as $383!

You scared me, so I looked. rockauto shows them from $99 to $145, and they usually have what they list. The killer is shipping costs (2 ways w/ core), so too bad your local auto parts can't get. The Cardone choice ($99) has you ship yours first so you must manage min 2 weeks out-of-service.

If my self re-build doesn't work (see my post), I will be in the same boat, otherwise I'll continue that approach. So far, I spun the pump with an electric drill and seems to work fine. I recommend getting a spare (I have) since "small shaft" ones may get rare, and people almost give them away now when converting to manual for headers. Rock shows a manual rebuild as $383!
I'm going from a manual steering gear box to a power steering gear box. I'm sure they want a PS core in return. There's one on e-Bay right now and JC are the only two sources I have see so far for a power steering gear box. Unless I missed something.....under $500.00

-
Back