[WANTED] Power Steering Bracket ('65 small block)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

dibbons

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Listed in FSM as 1945384 power steering bracket. I have seen it superseded as 2946737 and called an idler pulley bracket. I don't know if the two parts are the same part or not. Even if a different design, the 737 might work (I have not seen one yet).

By the way, 1945384 is actually a 2 piece bracket. I don't know why they share the same part number. I have one of the brackets (the front one). I found 1945384 on ebay, but it was the front bracket only. I need the rear bracket. Or in the drawing from the factory service manual, it is the top bracket. The car is in Mexico, shipping could be here (Mexico) or to the USA. I could probably fabricate one in Mexico, cheaper than purchase plus shipping, but it looks like a crazy shaped part and that would not be easy. Thank you.

p:s bracket drawing 1.JPG

p:s bracket drawing 2.JPG

That must be it, yes. Never seen both pieces together in person before. Somehow or other things didn't fall apart using just one of the brackets (have about 2,000 miles on the motor). These two fotos are what I am working with here at home:

federal p:s pump 2.JPG

Federal p:s pump 1.JPG

Looks like the wrong pump. You need the one with two bolts in the rear, and IIRC, the pulley was smaller in diameter and the pump had a plain end shaft, not a threaded one.

Can anyone please show photos of the proper orientation of the two brackets attached to a p/s pump (maybe even off the vehicle)? It's hard to get a handle on what holes serve what fasteners, my "spatial" skills are probably not all that great. Never caught on to those special knots Dad was trying to teach me either (lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back