Power steering bracket help

-

gtmopar

Phuckin A!
Reaction score
Hey guys. Does anyone have or can you get a good shot of your power steering bracket setup? So I bought a power steering bracket setup from a member to adapt the older style power steering pump to a newer block. It's the 4 piece bracket setup and I'm a bit stumped on the proper install. Any pics would help greatly. Thanks guys
Rick

There are two "older" power steering pumps, the Federal and the TRW. Upon initial inspection they appear very similiar, but they use totally different brackets. If you try to mount a TRW pump with federal brackets or vice versa, life will not be good!

Here's the pump differences:
psdifference.jpg

ALSO many of the old brackets (TRW and Federal) were different on the cast iron water pump housings on the 66-69 motors. Using them on the post 70 aluminum water pumps presents a different set of problems

Thanks for getting back to me guys. So I have the TRW pump with the later model aluminium water pump. I bought the bracket kit from whitepunk and he said that this bracket kit would work with my old pump. I havent figured out how after further looking at it. Aside from getting a saginaw pump im not sure what to do. This is the first car ive had with power steering so forgive my ignorance.

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 160
  • 022.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 163
  • 025.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 151
  • 026.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 155
What is the year/model of the car it's going into? Using a Saginaw pump with the correct brackets for the aluminum water pump may be a good option.

.........u have Saginaw brackets posted........totally wrong for ur pump, but like said a Saginaw may be the easier/better option..............kim......

It's a 65 dart with a later model block. All I really need is a good picture of the assembly together. I can't seem to find any good pictures online.

Ok, you had told me the pump was not a Sagnaw, so by default I sent you Federal brackets. Turns out you've got a TRW pump.
I'll look tomorrow and see if I have a set of brackets for that one.

-
Back