POWER STEERING PUMP

-

madmax669

Reaction score
WILL A POWER STEERING PUMP FROM A 83 CHRYSLER WORK ON MY 70 DODGE DART I KNOW THE LATER MODEL TRUCK AND CARS HAVE A METRIC THREADS ON THE POWER STEERING PUMP HOSES

That depends on whether and how soon you find and press (once) the
[CAPS LOCK] key on your keyboard.

Are you replacing your current pump?

Do you have any existing power steering brackets? Any existing alt, water, crank pullers in the motor?

Any pics of 83 Chrysler setup?

The 83 Chrysler will have a square resivoir Saginaw pump.

Are you replacing your current pump?

Do you have any existing power steering brackets? Any existing alt, water, crank pullers in the motor?

Any pics of 83 Chrysler setup?

The 83 Chrysler will have a square resivoir Saginaw pump.

WHAT I REALLY NEED TO KNOW WILL THE HOSES WORK IN THE 80S THE STARTED USING METRIC THREADS ON THE HOSES BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT YEAR

The pulleys are off a 86 dodge truck with a/c I'm using or going use the pump from the chrysler I didn't have any or the right one's for my70 dart really the question I need answered is some time in the 80s Chrysler dodge started using metric fittings on there power steering hoses

Check rockauto for which hose PN's cross. If they do, you know the fittings are identical on both ends. If not, you don't know since could be other things like length and clocking of the fittings. BTW, might help to mention what engines in the 1970 & 1983 cars in question. I think some 80's Chryslers even became transverse engines like the K-cars (Aries/Reliant).

Caps "on" for those with hard to see vision:

A GOOD LOCAL HYDRAULIC HOSE COMPANY CAN TYPICALLY MAKE AND BEND AND FABRICATE WHAT YOU NEED FOR HYDRAULIC HOSES REGARDLESS OF THE PUMP AND STEERING BOX AND OR THREAD SIZE.
I PERSONALLY WOULD USE THE PUMP INTENDED FOR THE CAR IF YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT THE HOSES SIZES. IF YOU ARE USING A DIFFERENT ENGINE IN THE CAR THAN THE FACTORY FOR THAT YEAR, SORRY IF I MISSED THAT.
cap lock "off"
Joe

-
Back