Power steering pumps

-
I wouldn't buy the hose until you have the pump and brackets. Do you have a pump now? Do you have brackets now?

You installed a 70 up aluminum water pump.

A saginaw pump was installed in a V-8 application in 70-72 A-bodies. You need to find the pump and pump brackets off one of those cars. Question is, is when you switched to the alumunum water pump did you switch (or is their a difference?) to the 70-72 water pump, alternator and crank pulley.

Or contact Buchillion and see what to see what pulleys go with the pump bracket they sell.

Many times these cars are tossed together with whatever seems to fit thats laying around.

The pump & brackets were off of a 71 dart, the pulleys are from a 75 dodge van, will they work with the 70-72 saginaw pump set up?

I was thinking about removing and re soldering the return line so that it points up more, anyone do this?

hey man, i just went to the yard and pulled the whole setup off of an 87 5th avenue with a 318 with all the brackets and such for 34 bucks and it bolted right up...as far as i know its a saginaw...good luck!

Yeah I should have grabbed the pulleys off of the 79 volare that I snatched the pump off of..

good deal on the pulleys.

you guys out west are lucky to have bone yards with old cars in them. in my neiborhood they all got fed to the steel mills.

-
Back