power steering up grade on 67 barracuda

-

tekslk

Reaction score
I have a 67 notch back originally a slant 6 but now a 360, It has manual steering and Im looking for a powersteering unit to use. Is there a bolt on conversion through borgeson or anyone that would be fairly simple? Any info would help? Thanks in advance.

Stock box and send it to Firm Feel or Steer-n-gear for asage of your choice rebuild. You will need a steering column with a power shaft and coupler. The manual shaft is longer and the coupler is a different spline. I just today for my swap used a Tuff Stuff 850psi Saginaw box, a Tuff Stuff Chevy power steering pulley and CVF power steering brackets. The CVF brackets allow the pressure hose to clear the 72 and older biscuit k-frame. I had an issue with incorrect spacers with my CVF kit otherwise simple install. Oh and you'll need a two belt crank pulley. If you have headers you may or may not have issues with the PS box and couple clearing. I had coupler issues with my Dougs.

Borgensen box is cool, has more clearance, may not require a column.

They are saying it fits 1-1/8-inch sector shaft Im not sure what that is, any help here with a explanation?

The early steering box has a smaller shaft size where the pitman arm goes on. After 72 they are larger. You have to make sure you get the correct size arm for which every box you get.

-
Back