Power vs non power steering

-

68/408

Reaction score
Have been thinking about changing my 68 valiant to non power sterring since it helps to clean up engine bay, gives a little more power and would have a firmer feel. Would you guys give me input to help make up my mind? Also if any one would have a good used non power box for sale let me know. Thanks for any help!

I refuse to drive without power steering. It's a pain to park, and when winter hits.... it's even more of a pain to steer.

i don't think you would feel the power or weight difference in the butt dyno, plus the 16 to 1 ratio on the power unit is nice not to mention if you need to make an evasive move keep from getting in a accident.

i have never had any 60s mopar with power s as long as ur hoss enough to drive it say with what u have later

It's all personal preference.

Why do you want to go to manual other then looks under the hood. If its strictly a track car then I can see dropping the pounds but don't think you'll notice much on a street car.

i agree manual all the way it helps me with clearance and looks much smoother. but i also agree its all preference.

I like having one v belt. I guess it depends on where you park.

i like manual steering...more road feel...i have a manual flaming river 16:1 box....its fine if you have strong arms haha, but i like it either way. :)

I have what is becoming serious osteo troubles, but even I yanked the power out of my 67. I'm not planning on doing much parallel parking, and so far it is "managable."

I AM however thinking of tagging a rack unit under the car.

-
Back