Powermaster alternator

-

rrvolare

19Swinger69
Reaction score
does anybody run one of these ... looking to run a 165 amp output ... was it direct bolt on ? Thanks for your input

If you put one that big on a car with a factory harness, "stand by" for smoke, fire and damage.

does anybody run one of these ... looking to run a 165 amp output ... was it direct bolt on ? Thanks for your input

Is it based on a oem chrysler unit or ? one wire or 3 wire>?,,,,,,

and do you need a 165 amp alternator?

i have the sqaureback chrome 75 or 95 amp one works but not enough juice, power master said 95 amp is all the mopar case can handle, have to change to denso or delco version for more amps.

All they said was run a 4-6 gauge wire from alternator to starter relay ...

165 amp is a fair amount of juice in my fishing boat I run 8 navigation lights 2 vhf radios 1 cb radio 400 watt ac inverter hondex gps simrad auto pilot sitex 4kw radar and 3 kick *** deck lights and I only run a heavy duty 130 amp 1 wire alt and never have a shortage of power .

I ran the 100 amp chrysler cased unit, it only lasted a little over a year. I switched to their 140 amp g.m. based unit and am very happy with it. I had no fitment issues that I can recall. -pauly

BS.from powermaster .. i had powermaster send me the Mitsubishi style / 1 wire with internal regulator and it was bottoming out on cyl head ... i had the GM style and it also did not fit .. either way i would have to shim triangular mounting bracket with either unit ...

-
Back