[SOLD] Practically new QA1 UCAs (Big Ball Joint)

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

QMopar

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I purchased these QA1 upper control arms in May. They fit beautifully and looked great but, even with the built-in 2-3* of caster, it wasn't enough for decent alignment specs on my 74 Dart Sport. We then turned to some adjustable SPC UCAs and I got what I needed. One of the boots is split but these QA1s are practically new with maybe 100 miles on them. They're made for made for the 73 & up large ball joint A bodies. I paid $370 (with tax) new from Summit - $300 plus shipping for you.
QA1_UCA_Order_Detail_052220a.jpg

IMG_7706.jpg
IMG_7707.jpg

bump - would entertain trade for A-body 4-speed pedals

I purchased these QA1 upper control arms in May. They fit beautifully and looked great but, even with the built-in 2-3* of caster, it wasn't enough for decent alignment specs on my 74 Dart Sport. We then turned to some adjustable SPC UCAs and I got what I needed. One of the boots is split but these QA1s are practically new with maybe 100 miles on them. They're made for made for the 73 & up large ball joint A bodies. I paid $370 (with tax) new from Summit - $300 plus shipping for you.
View attachment 1715644243
View attachment 1715644226 View attachment 1715644227

Is the boot replaceable , and available ??

Is the boot replaceable , and available ??

According to QA1, they do not sell the boots but they should be available at any parts store. The QA one tech told me that it should be the same as any over the counter ball joint boot

Why were you unable to get the desired caster? What were the alignment specs you were trying to achieve versus what these got you to? If this is the car in your avatar pic is the rake the reason for not getting the desired caster?

I was shooting for as much as I can get! Hoping for more than granny on the SKOSH chart (1.5*) but could not get any positive caster. Rebuilt front suspension with the QA1s couldn’t even get to 1*. Tried stock rubber on LCAs and strut bushings improved only slightly but not yet to granny and no where near SKOSH chart street performance recommendation of 2.5*. Had it on a frame machine and nothing bent. We agreed on SPC adjustable UCAs and I have around 4* of positive caster. It drives wonderfully now. QA1s have 1.5 to 2.5 built in but my Dart needed more for whatever reason. Nothing wrong with the QA1s - my car just needed more adjustability.

View attachment 1715644243
View attachment 1715644226 View attachment 1715644227

Nice parts. Did you install and adjustable strut rod with them?

I had a similar issue as a result of the cars rake and the built in limits of the factory structure, but was able to gain more than enough positive caster as soon as I started to pull the lower control arm forward with an adjustable strut rod.

One does have to be aware of inducing binding if you go too far forward with the lower control arm, but its easy enough to feel any by moving the lower arm up and down. Also be aware that moving the lower control arm forward does move the front wheel in reference to the front wheel opening, which limited how far forward I could go more so than the potential binding issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back