-
Status
Not open for further replies.

fastcorgigarage

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Does anyone out there have a Predator carburetor that is at least in rebuildable shape that they would like to sell? I have found where I can get them newly refurbished with a warranty, but I wanted to rebuild and paint one myself for my car project.

I remember going to the Street Machine Nationals in the 80's and these were brand new, I actually have a Predator key chain that my duster keys are on, I found a place on-line that you can get rebuild parts and NEW carbs boy they are pricey. I am sure you looked on Ebay, I didnt find any used/rebuildable ones on there, good luck with your search wish I could help you.

;i'm wanting to build a nice high performance slant 6 for my 64 art, and after a lot of research I decided that a Predator was the best for me. I will buy one on ebay if all else fails.

The rebuild kit price isn't to bad I've seen higher ones for other makes. I don't care to hear others opinions, snide remarks, beliefs. I don't judge others for what they want or give an opinion unless asked for one. This is what I'm looking for so if you have one for sale let me know.

The rebuild kit price isn't to bad I've seen higher ones for other makes. I don't care to hear others opinions, snide remarks, beliefs. I don't judge others for what they want or give an opinion unless asked for one. This is what I'm looking for so if you have one for sale let me know.

Sorry to ruffle your feathers man...I only spent a year wrenching the Fuel Funnycar of the guy who bought the company and produced most of the Predator carbs that are out in circulation now. It's not like I didn't spend two or three nights a week 15 feet away from the pre-historic CNC machines that were cranking those things out, and it's not like I wasn't first party to all the goofy, half assed **** that went on there....and it's not like I didn't work with at least half a dozen of those carbs on various cars trying to get them to be half consistant and perform at least on par with dead stock Quadrajets and Thermoquads...
You go score that carb of your dreams and have fun with it man. I'd send you all the ones I had on my shelf for free, but I scrapped them 15 years ago.

Sorry to ruffle your feathers man...I only spent a year wrenching the Fuel Funnycar of the guy who bought the company and produced most of the Predator carbs that are out in circulation now. It's not like I didn't spend two or three nights a week 15 feet away from the pre-historic CNC machines that were cranking those things out, and it's not like I wasn't first party to all the goofy, half assed **** that went on there....and it's not like I didn't work with at least half a dozen of those carbs on various cars trying to get them to be half consistant and perform at least on par with dead stock Quadrajets and Thermoquads...
You go score that carb of your dreams and have fun with it man. I'd send you all the ones I had on my shelf for free, but I scrapped them 15 years ago.

This is what I was talking about. I don't need personal opinions, beliefs, or stories. I just want a product. Screw it I'm just gonna buy one on eBay and be done with it.

I don't want to step out of my boundaries considering i'm still a noob here but, don't you think your being a little harsh? If he wants that particular carb then so be it. He didn't ask for opinions, he asked for leads on one.

Now with that said I have actually worked on those carbs and found them to be amazing. Due to their design THEY ARE extremely reliable and easily adjusted. I set one up for a friend of mine that he ran on his Ford truck with a 250ci straight 6. He liked it so much we made a custom dual predator setup for his 302 powered Comet. Ran low 12's all day long.

When you get it installed take pics and let me know what you think.

I don't want to step out of my boundaries considering i'm still a noob here but, don't you think your being a little harsh? If he wants that particular carb then so be it. He didn't ask for opinions, he asked for leads on one.

Now with that said I have actually worked on those carbs and found them to be amazing. Due to their design THEY ARE extremely reliable and easily adjusted. I set one up for a friend of mine that he ran on his Ford truck with a 250ci straight 6. He liked it so much we made a custom dual predator setup for his 302 powered Comet. Ran low 12's all day long.

Thanks for the support. I don't know what that guys problem was to make him randomly lash out like that. I guess that's just some people for you

It seemed to me like the guy was just offering his opinion in hopes to help someone. Funny how he got accused at lashing out for trying to help.

I ran one on a 351C Ford in a 57 Fairlane. I think I pulled about 6 mpg, they are $100 all day long out here at Pomona swap meet. The stainless hardware polishes up nice on those, I used to restore them. Hard to make the cast plate shine though with that eagle casting. Good luck, I was thinking it would be a great base for a 4 injector TBI setup. Careful of the metering block, they tend to break at the ball socket, and if you use a spring to put some tension on it, you dont have to hassle with the "turn 1/4 this way, back off 1 full turn and turn again" nonsense to lower the block. Tyy to find the one with the idle screw. I think its the PX1000i or something with an i in the title. It has an extra idle circuit that can be bought and retrofitted to the original.

It seemed to me like the guy was just offering his opinion in hopes to help someone. Funny how he got accused at lashing out for trying to help.

I was talking about whitepunkonnitro as far as the lashing out goes, and 'i was thanking 71scamp for the support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back