predator heads

-

pioneerp

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience? I know they are based on Chevy heads but I'm at the max performance I can get out of my B1's.
Also is there a way to search old topics?
Thanks
Mike

Aren't they the Brewer heads? I know a little about them, got some info and pics when they first started. As I recall they based the idea off of the fact that BB Chryslers and AMC engines only had a .040 bore spacing difference so they figured they could make one basic head that would work on both blocks with proper machining for each.

They supposedly flow huge amounts of air but one head porter I know is of the opinion that they got those numbers without a valve in the port. I don't know if he has any experience with them though. I know I don't but they sure look impressive and Eric Shelton was using them for a long time to run some pretty stout numbers.

contact Indy Racing Heads....

they bought the Predator Heads from the creator of them...

Aren't they the Brewer heads? I know a little about them, got some info and pics when they first started. As I recall they based the idea off of the fact that BB Chryslers and AMC engines only had a .040 bore spacing difference so they figured they could make one basic head that would work on both blocks with proper machining for each.

I don't know much about them
Here's a link the the website

i run a predator motor in my car. it's a 591 ci. steve gill sold the predator head co. to indy cylinder. he still sales the heads and all the parts for them. he would be the guy to talk to if you want to get into one. i had a B1MC 580 ci motor. it only made 1080 hp. and it was all top of the line stuff. my Predator motor makes 1280 hp @ 7600 rpm. i can answer some of your questions. my heads flow over 525 cfm i run top sportsman with a 99 avenger. my car runs low 7.40s on motor. it's set up with two stages of nitrous but i haven't used it yet. it should go into the mid 6.60 to .70's when we do spray it.

Attachments

• motor 591 ci predator.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 2,142
i run a predator motor in my car. it's a 591 ci. steve gill sold the predator head co. to indy cylinder. he still sales the heads and all the parts for them. he would be the guy to talk to if you want to get into one. i had a B1MC 580 ci motor. it only made 1080 hp. and it was all top of the line stuff. my Predator motor makes 1280 hp @ 7600 rpm. i can answer some of your questions. my heads flow over 525 cfm i run top sportsman with a 99 avenger. my car runs low 7.40s on motor. it's set up with two stages of nitrous but i haven't used it yet. it should go into the mid 6.60 to .70's when we do spray it.

Where did you get the head work done at if you don't mind?

Where did you get the head work done at if you don't mind?

modern cylinder heads did the heads on my motor. best machine and muscle motors both have have cnc programs that flow over 540

watcha gonna do with your b-1s??????:glasses7:
Give them to my dad. Price would have to be right for me to sale them and they would have to go complete not parted out. Besides, we plan on re-building my dad's 70 Swinger and i'm trying to convince him to go big block this time... lol

-
Back