Preparing to move....

-

ragtopfury

Reaction score
The house goes on the market the last Thursday of this month. Over the last 2 months, we have painted all exterior trim, part of the foundation I never got to, the outside basement stairwell, fertilized and seeded, filled nail holes and painted some of the walls to match, decluttered every room, cleaned out the shed and sold some spares off cheap, made a couple of dump runs and have a trailer load of metal stuff for the scrapyard. Jake, our oldest son, took off work tomorrow (Monday), I took off work tomorrow - we are attacking what you see in the attached pic. The plan is to empty the car of all of its parts, get the steering gear mounted, bolt the fenders on with 3 or 4 bolts each, same for the header panel, set the 383 core motor in it, put one of the 727s under it, pack the interior and accumulated parts in it and pull it up on the trailer..... all in one day. I'll be dropping it off in Jake's garage for storage next week, until we get settled in the new place this summer.

There really is a 68 B'cuda under there....

20190407_192435.jpg

I.......sure......don't........envy.......you

I would love to get out of this city limits, as I detest what the "downtown core" continually does with tax money. But it ain't gonna happen, with my money situation, my age, physical condition, and a couple of other minor details

I.......sure......don't........envy.......you

I would love to get out of this city limits, as I detest what the "downtown core" continually does with tax money. But it ain't gonna happen, with my money situation, my age, physical condition, and a couple of other minor details

Well come on big guy. I'll cut you out an acre or two.

I do envy you in one way... wish I had a Jake/helper. Good luck with everything you have going on.

Yesterday was move the vert day. Jake's little brother Josh and I made a landfill run at 8:30, then i painted the hall ceiling and 2 walls from some drywall/mud work that was done last week, packed the back of the truck, ate breakfast and lunch somewhere in there and we left home at 3 with the vert. Backed up to Jake's door and slid her right on in. Got back home at 7:30pm, jump-started the Shelby Dakota and got it loaded for today''s trip for Easter dinner at Jake's. Parked it next to his garage, leaving it on the trailer. Didn't take a pic of today's ending, but yesterday, my 68 looks at home in there with the 65. They better not get too comfy with each other.

20190420_171554.jpg

Last edited:
RedFish -
I can not loan him out. That would be daughter in law's call. Besides, I don't know if you could afford him.... the boy eats A LOT!!!

However I do still hold the reigns (sort of) on his little brother - he''s just 11 - but .... Momma would surely over rule that loan out.....LOL

They sure do, Kim. And yes, it is always good to have a helper, as you mentioned the other day.

We finalize the listing agreement this coming Tuesday. We go live in the listings on Thursday .

You should have called me, I'd have drove over and took that piece of junk off your hands, Free of charge! Why? cause that's the kinda guy I am, here to help. lol

Out of Glen Burnie, MD and all the trash and dimished regard for other people's property, to be 1-1.5 hours out away from it all, heading northwest towards PA, but not into PA.

Well...... We made offer on a new place. Sellers accepted, after some negotiations. However, we are contingent on ours going under contract by June 7. We have had A LOT of activity, no negative feedback and a few 2nd showings. Praying it all works out according to His plan, the way we are believing it will. My wife is more stressed about the waiting game than I am.

The unseen expenses of moving.... It is cheaper to go to Friendly's for an early dinner and ice cream and then to the movies, than it is to walk around the mall for 2.5 hours with the wife, an 8yr old girl and my mother-in-law....... My son and I could just cruise in the ragtop for a couple of hours, but the girls won't go and I'd feel bad making them walk around aimlessly for that long. (30 min would be ok, tho...hahahaha)

We've had 19 showings thus far. 2 more this evening, hence the dinner/movie tonight. No negative feedback on the house at all. The killer has been the school district - our main reason for the move.

-
Back