Preparing to sell my original owner 72 Demon

-
Reaction score
Hello to All, I am in the process of preparing to sell my 1972 Demon. My age and health are the key reasons. Like all cars from the great muscle car era, there is quite a history for this car. The intent for creating this discussion is to get input and feedback from fellow A Body enthusiasts. The car is certainly available to those of you who may be interested. I'm not exactly sure what to include in this opening dialog. I'm interested in seeing how things develop and what responses I get. I do belong to the Houston Mopar Connection Club in Houston, TX. so there are others that can be contacted to get opinions from folks who may live closer. As a benchmark, the car won 1st Place at the 2021 Houston Autorama. The car has less than 40K original miles. It has never been kept outside and has rarely been in wet weather. It has however, experienced 1/4 mile racing and is currently capable of high 10's in the 1/4 at a 120 mph. It does not have A/C and the heater system is not hooked up. What it does have can be [provided over the course of this discussion. I purchased the car while in Vietnam and I have all the original sales paperwork. I'm looking forward to all responses. Please share with any sources you may be connected with and pass along any questions by those who may not be For A Bodies Only members.

IMG_1133.JPG

IMG_1132.JPG

20211125_143433.jpg

20210701_174204.jpg

Very nice car! I am a Demon lover myself. What do you have for specs on the engine/drivetrain? 10's is a stout number for the look of the car.

Beautiful car! Anxious to see what it would take
Beautiful car! Anxious to see what it would take to purchase.
I am too. I've done some research on sales site and auctions but the prices are all over the place and there are some very distinct differences between mine and all the others I looked at. I hope some good past experience here on the forum might offer some guidance.

Very nice car! I am a Demon lover myself. What do you have for specs on the engine/drivetrain? 10's is a stout number for the look of the car.
I prepared the following for an article in the local car club I belong to.

To begin, it is a one owner car bought by an Air Force veteran while serving in Viet Nam. All the original sales paperwork is included. It had a short life of just a couple years for street use. Then it became a bracket racing car called Little Hustler for about 10 years. Life got a little complicated so it then went into storage for about 25 years. In the mid 2000’s it saw daylight again and began to live again. A totally rust free body got stripped of all the racing lettering, decals, and old 72 paint and was repainted original color in a base clear. All striping was painted on instead of decals. The headliner and carpet was replaced due to age rot but all the rest of the interior is still in its original like new condition. Bucket seats, woodgrain console, and Tuff steering wheel are all original. No glass, chrome, front grille, or sheet metal has been replaced. The revival of the car started with removing anything that was not welded to the unibody. All surfaces were given a light sand blast, cold galvanized spray painted, and then coated with truck bed liner so there are no metal to metal surfaces to trap moisture and rust in the future.

To prepare for a well-built performance powertrain, the front “K” member was replaced with a Magnum Force tubular steel assembly that includes rack and pinion steering, coil over shocks, and Wilwood disc brakes. The rear end is set up with a Calvert Racing CalTrac traction bar system, sub-frame connectors, engine bay support bars, 3:91 SureGrip, and Wilwood disc brakes. Line locks are added for both front and rear brakes. A new stainless steel gas tank with an in the tank fuel pump and stainless steel fuel lines deliver the fuel. Three inch dual exhaust with an “X” cross over and throaty mufflers make this car sound like a big block.

The tranny has been built by the well-respected Circle D Transmission experts with high performance parts, reverse shift kit, trans cooler, and a billet 3200 stall speed converter.

A three row cross flow aluminum radiator and an oil cooler with two 1450cfm Spal fans keep this car around 190 degrees on the hottest days in Houston Texas traffic.

The best for last. Starting with a Mopar 340-R block, it begins with boring it a 100 over with a 379 stroke to produce approximately 404 cubic inches. A Bullet billet steel roller cam (305 duration / .552 Lift), Edelbrock aluminum heads with port work, stainless steel valves, beehive performance springs, and a nitrate double roller timing chain act as the heart for the motor. Forged steel “I” beam connecting rods with low profile Diamond hypereutectic pistons for 11.3:1 compression so you can run on premium pump gas. MSD 7A digital ignition and distributor with super coil provides the spark to handle the fuel coming from a Holley 850 double pumper spread bore. All bearings and piston walls have been Line to Line coated. Piston tops and cylinder head combustion chambers are ceramic coated. TTI two inch headers with PolyDyn coating help let the engine breathe easy and a vacuum pump keeps the crank case pressure under control.

So what’s missing that you might desire. Power steering, power brakes, A/C, and a heater/defroster.

Hello to All, I am in the process of preparing to sell my 1972 Demon. My age and health are the key reasons. Like all cars from the great muscle car era, there is quite a history for this car. The intent for creating this discussion is to get input and feedback from fellow A Body enthusiasts. The car is certainly available to those of you who may be interested. I'm not exactly sure what to include in this opening dialog. I'm interested in seeing how things develop and what responses I get. I do belong to the Houston Mopar Connection Club in Houston, TX. so there are others that can be contacted to get opinions from folks who may live closer. As a benchmark, the car won 1st Place at the 2021 Houston Autorama. The car has less than 40K original miles. It has never been kept outside and has rarely been in wet weather. It has however, experienced 1/4 mile racing and is currently capable of high 10's in the 1/4 at a 120 mph. It does not have A/C and the heater system is not hooked up. What it does have can be [provided over the course of this discussion. I purchased the car while in Vietnam and I have all the original sales paperwork. I'm looking forward to all responses. Please share with any sources you may be connected with and pass along any questions by those who may not be For A Bodies Only members.

View attachment 1716057541

View attachment 1716057543

View attachment 1716057544

View attachment 1716057545
Nice car and I see you are new here but we don't allow "pre sale" threads here. Most "What's it worth" threads are deleted because they turn into sale threads that sidestep the sale rules. If you are selling you will need to Go to the Mopars For Sale forum and start a ad. Make sure you follow the rules there. It looks like you have what it takes except for the price.

Nice car and I see you are new here but we don't allow "pre sale" threads here. Most "What's it worth" threads are deleted because they turn into sale threads that sidestep the sale rules. If you are selling you will need to Go to the Mopars For Sale forum and start a ad. Make sure you follow the rules there. It looks like you have what it takes except for the price.
Thank you for the clarification. I am trying to understand the way the site works. I am not prepared to actually list the car yet if I do at all. I am in the process of taking care of a few things that will make it more appealing to someone who might want to street drive it more than i did. Example: I am currently converting the instrument panel to a digital cluster. If you could offer me some advice as to how to have a discussion with fellow A Body enthusiasts about the car I might be able to have a better idea of what the current market might consider paying. I am not a deeply involved car nut anymore and at my age, I have no idea who to trust regarding a sales price. I have tried but it ranges from 25K to 50K. I'm not trying to have a discussion to convince a fellow member to buy it.

Digital Instru Back.jpg

Digital Instru Front.jpg

Well it sounds like quite a car. It isn't stock so those numbers are out. But it should demand pretty decent money. 340 Demons have been seen in the 35-40K range

Well it sounds like quite a car. It isn't stock so those numbers are out. But it should demand pretty decent money. 340 Demons have been seen in the 35-40K range
Thanks for your thoughts. The buyer I'm looking for will likely want a car that gets lots of praise and discussion at local car shows that you can drive to and then have some good fun on the 1/4 or 1/8 mile on the weekends, :thumbsup:. Best wishes to you and your Demon

:welcome: from :canada:
Beautiful car, and from the description it's a very well built one too!
Good luck with the sale if you decide to go that route. Someone will be very happy with that hot rod.
:thumbsup:

:welcome: from :canada:
Beautiful car, and from the description it's a very well built one too!
Good luck with the sale if you decide to go that route. Someone will be very happy with that hot rod.
:thumbsup:
Thank you. Best wishes to you too in this hobby. Your dog looks awesome. I would be lost without mine.

2017 Blue Bonnet.jpg

Maybe start at 45k and take offers. Or if you wanna move it quicker start at 35k. Pretty hard to find a Demon that has never had any rust, has a street car look, but can run 10s. Nice A Body Mopars are not cheap these days like they used to be. I would try and hold onto it cause when its gone its gone.

Maybe start at 45k and take offers. Or if you wanna move it quicker start at 35k. Pretty hard to find a Demon that has never had any rust, has a street car look, but can run 10s. Nice A Body Mopars are not cheap these days like they used to be. I would try and hold onto it cause when its gone its gone.
Thanks for responding. The car isn't quite ready for selling. I drove the car locally to car shows and raced it a few times a year in recent years to tweak the performance. I'm currently converting the instrument panel to a digital one. I need to replace the ignition switch. Then a real good 360 detailing inside and out. Then I'll be ready to take offers here at FABO and other sources. I was mainly interested in hearing what folks who have bought and sold Demons thought. And I've always enjoyed car talk when I went to car shows.

Thanks for responding. The car isn't quite ready for selling. I drove the car locally to car shows and raced it a few times a year in recent years to tweak the performance. I'm currently converting the instrument panel to a digital one. I need to replace the ignition switch. Then a real good 360 detailing inside and out. Then I'll be ready to take offers here at FABO and other sources. I was mainly interested in hearing what folks who have bought and sold Demons thought. And I've always enjoyed car talk when I went to car shows.

Going digital dash is going to decrease the value of the car even more. Hard to sell a car when you are still emotionally attached to it. Pull the ad, you are not ready to sell yet.

Going digital dash is going to decrease the value of the car even more. Hard to sell a car when you are still emotionally attached to it. Pull the ad, you are not ready to sell yet.

True that. No ad though. This is in the Welcome Wagon forum. I should have pulled it when I first saw it.

agree with george on the digital dash. it won't add anything to the bottom line and may be a turn off to a potential buyer.

here's a few comps, not that i agree on the pricing and not that people are always getting what they're asking...

never the less, it seems that very nice restored demons are trading hands in the upper 30's to lower 40's which is about where i'd put a price point on yours. the racy nature of the engine, no creature comforts and deviation from a "stock" restoration are going to be turnoffs to some but the overall tidy appearance and apparent attention to detail will certainly appeal to another set of people.

-
Back