Press the brake...got my parking lights on ..magic?

-

Ahr

Reaction score
Hello there...I have 67 dodge dart..whenever I press the brake and the parking lights goes on...and also my brake pedal won't go back up..I have to manually use my foot to lift up..does anyone know why? Thanks.

Hello there...I have 67 dodge dart..whenever I press the brake and the parking lights goes on...and also my brake pedal won't go back up..I have to manually use my foot to lift up..does anyone know why? Thanks.

Concord,ca? Not far if so.

I had reversed the brake light pigtail in my 68 and it caused the parking light circuit to light up also. I switched it back and all was well. That may or may not be what happened to you. I had the brake issue as well. Are the brakes working very well? You may be losing fluid through a leaky cylinder.

Are you refering to the "parking lites" on the outside of the vehicle,, or the "park brake" light on the dash,,

If it's the one on the dash,, you're likely outta fluid in one of the Master cylinder reservoirs,, that would also explain the brake pedal actions..

hope it helps

A sticking brake pedal usually indicates that there is rusty fluid and crud in the master cylinder and the MC pistons are sticking. On some models, there are also some large sprial springs wrapped around the MC pedal rod in th passenger side of the firewall, that push on a retaining washer on the pedal rod to help push back; the washer can be gone or the spring broken or missing.

Probably time for a new/rebuilt MC.

Concord,ca? Not far if so.

I had reversed the brake light pigtail in my 68 and it caused the parking light circuit to light up also. I switched it back and all was well. That may or may not be what happened to you. I had the brake issue as well. Are the brakes working very well? You may be losing fluid through a leaky cylinder.
Same thing happen on me on my 72 when I got it, just reversed the brake light pigtail & took a look at my grounds for the park lights & it fix it right up!... Look also if you got the right # bubs in park & brake lights!

Just checked ..my brake cyclinder is leaking. I will reverse the brake lights c if they change or not. Thanks huys

-
Back