Pretty Cool

-
What a beautiful car!
Keep us informed whet it gets assembled!
Is it a 4 speed or auto?
Engine and options would be nice.
I love these cars, and have a '68 Coronet 500 that I'm turning to an R/T.
It will be dark blue as original......

Last edited:
Rally red ! Good job spraying that big long mopar

Beautiful car . Coronet 68 and 69 R/T's are my favorite mopar . I owned two 69's in 72 and 73 My first Muscle cars . and several more R/T's and super bee's over the years .

xrt1[1].jpg

xrt2.jpg

xrt3.jpg

scan0015[1].jpg

Beautiful car . Coronet 68 and 69 R/T's are my favorite mopar . I owned two 69's in 72 and 73 My first Muscle cars . and several more R/T's and super bee's over the years .

View attachment 1715862876

View attachment 1715862877

View attachment 1715862878

View attachment 1715862879

Nice!! Old Man, you've got good taste!!

Okay, I'll give it up.. Yes, it's mine.... 68 R/T, 440/727, purchased off the original owner back in 2001... Original plan was to clean it up a little & flip it.... Honestly, I've never flipped a car in my life... My buddy (the one who sprayed the car) laughed at me & told me it would be shiny Red... Should have listened to him...

Honestly I'm not much of a Red fan, I'd prefer Blue or Green or Black... But it was originally Red, Black Top & Interior.. It's a Stripe delete car but I'll be putting stripe on it....

Original owner picked it up from Hayward Dodge when he came home from Vietnam in the fall of 67.... He raced anyone that would line up against him.... Blew up every piece of the drive train at one point or another... 727 died when he did a neutral drop @ around 4500 rpms... He swapped in a 4 speed.. Total hack job... Don't know if it was a hatchet or a hand grenade that he used to cut the shifter hole in the floor... He didn't have a proper trans mount so he wrapped some chain around it & bolted the chain to the crossmember... Couple months later the engine kicked a rod when he missed a shift... Bolted in a 71 CHP 440... Next weekend he blew up the 8.75... Bolted in a Dana out of a 67 GTX..

He insisted it was the fastest car in Fremont back in the mid seventies... Other guys have said the really fast cars wouldn't race him cause he was a little to crazy....

He moved out to the Central Valley around 80-81 & the car got parked in the back yard & more or less forgotten...

IMG_0120.JPG

Cool story and kudos for saving it! I’m hoping you return to mostly original and use and enjoy it every opportunity you get. Great to see one with so much history come back to life again.

I have the correct dated drive line. The quarter scoops were not original on a 68.

Yup, scoops are 69... I took them off right away... Wound up trading them for a perfect hood & decklid.... Someone really wanted those scoops... He offered, I accepted... I would have given them to him... Which honestly I'm sure he knew that which is why he offered what he did... He'd sold his 68 years before & had a 69 Bee with N96...

Last edited:
Cool story and kudos for saving it! I’m hoping you return to mostly original and use and enjoy it every opportunity you get. Great to see one with so much history come back to life again.

It'll look 95% stock, only difference will be wheels... I have a set of modern versions of the wheels on Old Mans Blue 69... Picture of my wheels on a friends 69 attached below..

my wheels.jpg

-
Back