Pro comp heads

-

K.O. SWINGER

Meeting in the alley since 1976
Reaction score
So I would like to know Information on Pro comp heads L A style ...flow, quality so what do you KNOW . thank you.

I have a set on a sbc 383 and havent had an issue yet. They flow ok for what they are.extreme budget build quality, id never run them on anything but a street engine with a fairly mild cam if you are using the springs they come with. I know they had quality issues at first.deff right off the boat. But jegs picked them up, so they cant be the quality nightmares they used to be. Im satisfied given the price i paid for them on the clearance rack, budget, plow truck engine i mentioned earlier.

Wow man...you must be in a hurry for an answer. Bumped after only 5 hours?

On the heads though...this topic has been brought up recently and what I gleaned from the conversation was that if you do buy a set, take them to a trusted machinist and have them checked out...

I'm waiting for a set from MRL as we speak .
When I get them I will let you know .
Jim

I bought a set from Mike for my 416. I know he is getting some great power out of them. Look to be descent heads. Of coarse he assembles his with quality parts

We've got a pair of Pro Comp bare heads coming for a 408 we're building. If they will outflow the Edelbrock RPMs that will be nice. Here are the Edelbrocks we just did (for a 410) w/o sleeving the pushrod holes.

Lift..............OOTB IN/EXH..........ported

.100.................61/53..............68/57
.200...............126/107...........140/124
.300...............175/142...........199/181
.400...............223/157...........242/218
.500...............248/165...........273/234
.550..................N/A..............283/240
.600...............250/169...........290/245

They flow about the same as the ootb Eddy's, not sure what they do with a full port. This is what I hear anyway

I have a bare set I will be building soon. The trusted engine builders I have spoken too about them say buy them bare and have quality hardware installed. My dad has done this with a set of SBF and SBC heads for some friends and has had no issues.

I would like to know if they require special head bolts like the Edelbrocks do?

-
Back