pro comp intake

-

tekslk

Reaction score
Ordered one on ebay the nice rpm air gap look alike 203 dollars with enduro shine. Bolt holes dont line up, junk, they are taking it back no questions asked. Ordered eldenbroch today. As always you get what you pay for.

Ordered one on ebay the nice rpm air gap look alike 203 dollars with enduro shine. Bolt holes dont line up, junk, they are taking it back no questions asked. Ordered eldenbroch today. As always you get what you pay for.
I wish you luck with the Eldenbroch intake.

have the heads or block been milled or decked...if so the Eldenbroch aint going to fit ither,,

edelbrock..

I dont think they were but if they were what do you have to do?

either intake face of heads or the intake itself will need to be cut to allow the intake manifold to slide down to align up the bolt holes...I am assuming that was your problem

I think part of the problem is that the stock intake is sealed with thin metal gaskets and the FelPro gaskets are 0.060" thick. I had the same issue with both the original intake and E'Brock intakes. I am looking for thin intake gaskets to get around the problem. I had to file the intake manifold bolt holes to get them aligned properly on a mildly shaved 340 head. I think the thick gaskets are much of the problem. What do others find when installing new intakes on milled heads?
Bob

I think part of the problem is that the stock intake is sealed with thin metal gaskets and the FelPro gaskets are 0.060" thick. I had the same issue with both the original intake and E'Brock intakes. I am looking for thin intake gaskets to get around the problem. I had to file the intake manifold bolt holes to get them aligned properly on a mildly shaved 340 head. I think the thick gaskets are much of the problem. What do others find when installing new intakes on milled heads?
Bob

about 10 years ago i did the same thing with and airgap intake because my heads were milled a ton, "why not just slot the bolt holes" i said. i did that and there was a intake runner mismatch that cause my oil to build up with gasoline and when the first back fire happened the crankcase explosion was loud and blew the oil cap of with so much force it dented the hood. somehow blew oil out of the oil pressure sending unit and everything in the engine bay burned, i was so pissed i just walked away from it. my friend put the fire out for me, but at that time i didnt care.

moral of the story......DONT SLOT THE BOLT HOLES!!

I have in the past enlarged the bolt holes and gasket matched the ports due to block decking and head milling.

Bob

Where did you find fel-pro gaskets .060" thick? All I've bought were .040" thick. That is still quite a bit thicker than the stock steel shim gaskets but I've never had any problems using them. I used them on my old 360 that had the heads milled .030" and they lined right up.

Eliminating the cork end seals (use RTV to seal the ends) sometimes lets the intake drop down some more allowing it to line up better.

standard blue felpro intake gaskets 'the type that come in the full set' are about .030 - .035 thick.

the felpro performance intake gaskets are .060 thick.
http://www.jegs.com/i/Fel-Pro/375/1243/10002/-1?parentProductId=

Ok. I haven't ordered any from JEGS, Summit, ets... Just bought them at the local NAPA. They were the std. blue ones like come in a set and NAPA said the book said they were .045" thick. Maybe that was OOTB thickness?? I hadn't seen the ones you posted the link to.

-
Back