Pro comp SB aluminum heads ebay combos

-

70aarcuda

Master Hoader of SBM
Legendary Member
Reaction score
What is you feeling about the lack of Heli Coils in all the screw holes.

I like the CNC Heads that make 520HP on a well built 360. They never mention what the heads flow at what lift. I can put together a well built 360. I know alot of guys that can. Just throw on these heads and bam 520HP. Yeah right.

Pretty damn close to Eddy flow numbers.The usual Chinese copy,I suppose.

I sent a message to the seller in the OP's post for flow numbers on the CNC Heads. Lets see if he responds at all.

Look at post #8. I wonder if they come with helicoils, or if the seller installs them.

Yes I seen that. Someone else was asking if he helicoils the Rocker Stud holes.

I did ask the seller for the CNC flow numbers along with a cost to buy them bare, no valves, Rockers, Shafts or springs, with the CNC Porting done to them.

1030 cfm carb.........dual plane intake with 1500 - 5500 power band ?
me thinkee something clazy bout this.

I'm not quite sure having helicoils for the rocker studs is an issue. What's the torque spec for the rocker stud? 200 in/lb according to my trusty Haynes manual. A stud threaded in aluminum should handle that no problem.

I'm not quite sure having helicoils for the rocker studs is an issue. What's the torque spec for the rocker stud? 200 in/lb according to my trusty Haynes manual. A stud threaded in aluminum should handle that no problem.

True it is like 17-18ft Lbs.

Quote from MRL.

"The Biggest problem I have with all the Mopar Procomp heads is the lack of ANY helicoils. This is a big problem for me and for this reason I wont use them. If you think about it, aluminum threads are not that strong, and when your dealing with CNC ported heads, your going after some HP, right? Well that means BIG cams with high spring rates. You have a better than good chance of pulling the threads right out of the rocker shaft hold downs. Plus striped threads on the exhaust and intake. No thanks. Sometimes cheap is just cheap, and Procomp is cheap."

Quote from MRL.

"The Biggest problem I have with all the Mopar Procomp heads is the lack of ANY helicoils. This is a big problem for me and for this reason I wont use them. If you think about it, aluminum threads are not that strong, and when your dealing with CNC ported heads, your going after some HP, right? Well that means BIG cams with high spring rates. You have a better than good chance of pulling the threads right out of the rocker shaft hold downs. Plus striped threads on the exhaust and intake. No thanks. Sometimes cheap is just cheap, and Procomp is cheap."

I don't know why adding helicoils would be such a big deal. A machinist could do all of them in 1 Hour on their machine I would think.

yes....had to helicoil eddy intake bolt holes ...

think about it a lil though, even the helicoil is threaded into the aluminum, right?

Ok the seller responded back. The CNC Numbers are below.
He will sell a bare set of heads CNC'd for $1000.00 , The flow numbers seem to be a little lower than what the guy on Yellowbullet was saying they flow. This guys numbers are shy of the 300CFM mark. However the exhaust flow numbers are Crazy. These heads would probably work well on a Boosted Application with exhaust numbers like that. Now that is IF they are real.

Ill stay with my RHS Heads.

View attachment Screen Shot 2012-09-24 at 12.34.30 PM.jpg

my indy heads Dont have helicoils either. thats why i use studs for the rockers.
honestly use a little longer bolt. thats what i do i use as long of a bolt as possible without bottoming out. a little anti seize on the threads and its all good.

yes i would like to see helicoils as well but it is what it is.

-
Back