Pro stock

-

moparisbest

Reaction score
What about them pro-stock mopar s 123 last weak 1,2 this weak . Got them hemi ,s working

They can do all they want lol but they can't handy cap the mopar on mopar in top fuel . And did you hear ford is dropping out of nhra so John force and rest of the ford bodies will have no backing

yea been reading that john force will be in a digger next year and have all top fuel diggers

Personally, I could do w/o john forces mouth altogether! most of his crew and relations to go w/ it, never have liked people w/ big mouths.
and nhra will probably change something in prostock, every time the hemis started kicking *** , they`ve done it. (remember back in theday) when bill jenkins couldn`t keep up, he started pissin and moanin so loud, and there are more gm fans than chyrs.,so nhra added 600lbs to the hemis and killed them.
I read a little about them going to all small blocks, don`t know if it`s true or not.
they should leave prostock the way it is, the gm guys are sharp as anyone, they`ll pick it up in time.--------yea, I delete the sound every time forces face shows up on the screen!-------just a personal rant-------bob

Yes I agree that John Force is a blowhard, but he is good for the sport so I hope he sticks around for a while ( can't believe that I am saying that). I am a BIG fan of pro stock and truly hope that NHRA does not handicap the mopar's just because they are winning. That just makes everyone else work that much harder to catch up. JMO

Yes I agree that John Force is a blowhard, but he is good for the sport so I hope he sticks around for a while ( can't believe that I am saying that). I am a BIG fan of pro stock and truly hope that NHRA does not handicap the mopar's just because they are winning. That just makes everyone else work that much harder to catch up. JMO

would be something like the 3rd time for NHRA to do it...

Yah I know, but if they add weight to a car to make the rest competitive how is that a competition? I think that what ever combination is quicker should be the benchmark that the rest are shooting for, but what do I know.

No reason to handicap the HEMI's.
It is only the Roy Johnson engines (AJ,Nobile,Jegs) making big power, not the other independant MoPars.
V Gains is the fastest of the independant HEMI's.
The fastest GM car is Mike Edwards.
The Summit GM cars used to dominate, but since there isn't any fire coming out of the exhaust on shut-down anymore, they are now mid-pack cars. Maybe they were cheating a little.
I don't see why Ford racers even bother with it, no where competitive & no support.
Larry Morgan could probably be competitive with a HEMI, if he decides to switch from Ford.

No reason to handicap the HEMI's.
It is only the Roy Johnson engines (AJ,Nobile,Jegs) making big power, not the other independant MoPars.
V Gains is the fastest of the independant HEMI's.
The fastest GM car is Mike Edwards.
The Summit GM cars used to dominate, but since there isn't any fire coming out of the exhaust on shut-down anymore, they are now mid-pack cars. Maybe they were cheating a little.
I don't see why Ford racers even bother with it, no where competitive & no support.
Larry Morgan could probably be competitive with a HEMI, if he decides to switch from Ford.

Larry Morgan is racing a Hemi..his furd engine is an exact copy of the mopar hemi 99 pro stock engine....

Morgan used to run a "Hemi" in P/S. Wasn't really that much of a player then. Glidden had to straighten out(literally) his program to get him to qualify.
NHRA isn't going to handicap anybody! It's still going to be a 500", 2350# class no matter what brand you run. I actually think Mopar P/S racers are given a break already considering they waived a lot of the body template specs so they can run a 4 door car more aerodynamically so they can compete. Look at the shape of the cars, they resemble nothing of the actual body of the car. More like an egg with a Dodge car painted on it.
IMO NHRA should make P/S run the Camaro for GM, The Mustang for Ford & Allow a wheelbase change to the Challenger & use that for Mopar. Pit the 3 Musclecars against each other that way. Get back to win on Sunday- sell on Monday.

BTW my hat is off to Roy & Allen Johnson for continuing to work hard to make a championship program! They put many years of hard work into it. I'm glad to see it paying off!

My opinion is, Pro Stock bodies look like they should be the called Funny Cars.
I agree, the Dodge is probably the uglest car there.
The Mustang & Camero also look like they have been melted & stretched.
Alot of this came from when NHRA made the front overhang the same for all mfg's.
I would rather see OEM bodies on these cars & let the chips fall where they will.
But that ain't going to happen, not with manufactures pulling out support.

Ford never really supported Pro Stock....so there is not much of a pull out there...it will hurt the mustang funny cars the most....john force will probably find sponsorship for his team...since he is quiet the spokesperson and gets plenty of air time...

-
Back