Pro Touring 10K

-
Yea no **** huh? Going to be sweet though. You should do an offset hood scoop, that would make it look sick. Or find an SVO mustang hood scoop and graft it to the hood. Hell you could make it a functional ram air system for the turbo intake. I'm stoked to see how it turns out.

Just wait until you see the fabricated sheet metal intake I'm building. Should be ready in about 2 weeks. Bought some of the pieces from JM Fabrication and building the rest myself. Along with the tubular header for the turbo.

Yea no **** huh? Going to be sweet though. You should do an offset hood scoop, that would make it look sick. Or find an SVO mustang hood scoop and graft it to the hood. Hell you could make it a functional ram air system for the turbo intake. I'm stoked to see how it turns out.
Don't put any more ideas in my head. I all ready have enough rolling around in there all ready..LOL

Lol! I know man, I'm about ready for paint when lying in bed the other night I have this wild hair up my *** to redesign the entire front end and grill. I can't seem to leave well enough alone.

i just read this whole post. love it. as i am now starting my own build on a 65 dart and am planning on doing a pro-touring stance as well i really like what i read and seen. so many custom touches. i love the idea of using a 2.4 engine from a srt due to the fact i started my first build with a neon. i know these 4 cylinder engines very well and almost bought a 79 colt to do a 2.4 build in. so story short i can not wait to see what becomes of this build. thumbs up.

I like your thinkin'....and your shop (business)...I checked out your website

you obviously know what your doing and followed to a tee....BUILD RULE #1....find the cleanest,rust-free,non molested (non race-car) grandma driven/everything there, virgin (yes, I said it) piece you can find.

but 10k?...is that what you told your wife?....come on!!...it's US your talkin too....but its OK as long as your build gets the green light....after that...well..it's kinda like a government project...you know....justification???..means...gotta have it!!

let a little ball bustin' begin.....

hope my comments don't get me barred from your shop...I really would like to visit you guys sometime...

Mopar to ya'
Denny

I "PSSSSH'd" at the $10k too...

Here is the Fabricated intake I have been working on. Still need to weld on the throttle body plate. Just waiting to get the throttle body to figure the orientation for a throttle cable. Then it will be welded in place. The body will be off the body cart next week to start motor mock up and finish relocating the rear springs and center the housing in the rear wheel well.

Attachments

• DSCF0085.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 1,122
  • DSCF0086.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,117
  • DSCF0087.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 1,097
  • DSCF0088.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,119
  • DSCF0089.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1,109
  • DSCF0091.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,127
  • DSCF0092.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 1,107
Dude that is sick! You could plumb nitrous bungs in that so easy and reall break ****. So you made that from scratch? Do you have a C&C mill?

I bought the flange from JM. Fabrications. Other than that yes built from scratch.

I'm pretty sure you broke my budget JUST on the intake manifold! sheesh!!!!!

Mike in FL

All though I have not had any time to do any real work to the car. I have still been collecting parts to finish the car as soon as the shop slows down enough to breath again. Here's what on the way and what showed up today. Billet fuel rail, Wiseco 88mm Forged pistons, Eagle H beam connecting rods, Billet 63mm throttle body. billet adjustable cam gears

Attachments

• $(KGrHqFHJEwFGTdvsbEfBRpTTdbwVw~~60_12.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 947
  • $_35.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 970
  • mpx24camgearproductionlg.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 957
  • neon_srtmpxthrottlebodylg.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 984
  • 20140717_195304.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 996
Still ordering parts. New instrument cluster is on the way. And with the body close to paint I have had a change in color. ordered the new paint color today. Saw it over the weekend. 2014 Porsche 911 50th anniversary limited addition color it's called Geyser grey metallic.

Attachments

• prd_878.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 713
  • 4351_2_2013_porsche_991_50th_anniversary_edition_side1.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 722
Still ordering parts. New instrument cluster is on the way. And with the body close to paint I have had a change in color. ordered the new paint color today. Saw it over the weekend. 2014 Porsche 911 50th anniversary limited addition color it's called Geyser grey metallic.

I really like that color. Later down the road when I finally get to body work and paint on the Dart, I'd like to keep it white. The question is which white. I was thinking about the Lotus Aspen White, but I kind of like how the 911's is a little cream-ish.

Attachments

• _MG_4813_contrast.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 639
-
Back