Pro touring 69 Dart

-

2darts

Reaction score
Hey, Sarted last year with a completly bare shell of a 69 Dart Gt.Just wanted to show you what we were up o this weekend. We are not done. so I'll be adding new pictures of the build later on. I'm getting pretty itchy to get this thing on the road! Cheers

Attachments

• May-13-2011-036.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,767
  • May-13-2011-080.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 2,891
  • May-13-2011-083.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 1,782
  • May-13-2011-085.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 4,083
it's actualy vinyl from 3M. you can't see it in the picture, but it looks like brush metal. I'll try to post a close up of the effects. yes they are Boss wheels, 18" front and 20" in the back.

freaking sweet im in love just my type mellow dramatic

freaking sweet im in love just my type mellow dramatic

the gf calls it the Phamtom, i'll stick with the black dart. because I have a white dart, a red dart, and a yellow dart.lol

3M di-noc is pretty damn cool stuff. Never thought of doing a whole car with it. I love it.

reminds me of the dart currently on the In N Out tee shirt.
very very nice

Attachments

• in-n-out-burger-2011-shirt-design.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 1,957
Thats cool!! How much did it cost to wrap the car with that?
I didn't figure the cost of material yet, but they don't give that stuff away. I own a sign shop, so, I get a discount on the labor ;). I figure I would charge anywhere from $4000 + and would depend on the car that we are applying it too. This is not cheaper then paint, the before process is all of the same, We blocked and wet sanded the primer, just as we would've done prior to paint. The effect of this material is pretty cool. To bad I cant show it in a picture.

Hey,I didn't take to many pictures of the build, but here are some of them. Oh, and the last picture,me helping a buddy shine the tires on his chebby!

Attachments

• IMG00667-20100908-1926.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,541
  • 69-Dart-sml01.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 1,639
  • 69-Dart-005.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 1,568
  • 69-Dart-006.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 1,577
  • 69 Dart 002.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 1,580
  • DSC00492.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 1,579
  • IMG00167-20100227-0201.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,595
  • DSC00471.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 1,596
  • IMG00108-20100108-2013.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 1,569
Car looks amazing so far.How do u like the alterkation front suspension?what size wheels up front and offset used?i am really really thinking of biting the bullet and buying an aftermarket suspension for my pro touring 67 just looking for some input .Thanks jason. keep up the great work

Running air huh? I just ordered my shockwaves from ridetech last night. Pretty stoked to get them and set it on the ground for the first time in years. Have you had yours on the street with the air? What are you using for controls?

Nice post some more pictures when you get it out on the road in the sunlight. I really like the stance and look of your car. The wrap is pretty cool too.

Looks real sweet....curious about the front bags though...they look like 7000 series which are rear shocks.

Why do you have the style that is used mainly for rear of the car vs. the double bellows shocks 1000's or the newer 104 series?

I have the same RMS setup in my fatty and was told those shocks...7000 series were not capable of handling the load...I wanted to use them cause they are smaller in diameter.

http://www.ridetech.com/store/streetrod/suspension-systems-streetrod/

Are those a new style? Wondering because I had to do some clearancing in order to get my 1000's to fit right at full height and full drop. Also had to install the sway bar upside down

Your gonna love that front suspension by the way.

Mop

Attachments

• 100_2802w.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 1,534
Very cool, can't wait to see it outside.

Car looks amazing so far.How do u like the alterkation front suspension?what size wheels up front and offset used?i am really really thinking of biting the bullet and buying an aftermarket suspension for my pro touring 67 just looking for some input .Thanks jason. keep up the great work

thanks, I haven't gotten on the road yet, so i honesly can't tell you how it handles, but i can tell you they are very well made, ive sold another system to a friend of mine for a 62 dart, and he's installing a 6.1 Hemi and we were both impressed with the quality of the product, yes it's expensive, but i haven't heard any negative feedback from this product. talk to Bill, good guy, know's his sh..t, RMS motorsports. let me know if you need anything. Mike

Swisswill, I have quite a few things to do yet to get this thing on the road. if any of you are thinking of getting Ridetech,order the large 5 gal. tank and the two compressors, i might have to change the one in the 69 Dart shown here, my avatar pictures shows my 70 big block, the system on this one works better to get the car up with no problems. the larger tank is the way to go. The ridepro 3e is in the 69 Dart. I'll have to get them on the phone to see if I can ad a second tank or i might have a system for sale.... Mop, i saw your car last year at the National, you have a beautiful car, after talking to you, i ordered a 5 speed to put in this build, they owe you a beer! everybody, I appreciate your comments, it makes a build much more fun. cheers

-
Back