Pro touring 69 Dart

-
Swisswill, I have quite a few things to do yet to get this thing on the road. if any of you are thinking of getting Ridetech,order the large 5 gal. tank and the two compressors, i might have to change the one in the 69 Dart shown here, my avatar pictures shows my 70 big block, the system on this one works better to get the car up with no problems. the larger tank is the way to go. The ridepro 3e is in the 69 Dart. I'll have to get them on the phone to see if I can ad a second tank or i might have a system for sale.... Mop, i saw your car last year at the National, you have a beautiful car, after talking to you, i ordered a 5 speed to put in this build, they owe you a beer! everybody, I appreciate your comments, it makes a build much more fun. cheers

Thanks for the compliment...did you mean Mopars in the park?
I agree that the larger tank is the way to go...I used a 3 gallon tank and it's only good for one drop and rise. Also only running one compressor so it takes a couple of minutes to fill back up.

Back to the shocks for a minute.....I was curious about the front shocks you have installed on the RMS suspension as shown in your picture.
I wanted to run those smaller diameter shocks but was told they were not designed to handle the load. What shocks are you running up front on this car? Are they for mock up or what is the model number? I was considering changing from the double bellows to that newer 104 model until I saw your pics.

Thanks,

Swisswill, I have quite a few things to do yet to get this thing on the road. if any of you are thinking of getting Ridetech,order the large 5 gal. tank and the two compressors, i might have to change the one in the 69 Dart shown here, my avatar pictures shows my 70 big block, the system on this one works better to get the car up with no problems. the larger tank is the way to go. The ridepro 3e is in the 69 Dart. I'll have to get them on the phone to see if I can ad a second tank or i might have a system for sale.... Mop, i saw your car last year at the National, you have a beautiful car, after talking to you, i ordered a 5 speed to put in this build, they owe you a beer! everybody, I appreciate your comments, it makes a build much more fun. cheers

I too am curious what springs you are running up front. They definitely look like 7000's, not the new 104's. I spoke with Tony last night and he strongly encouraged me to go 1000's all the way around. We'll see where the plane lands on the one. Also curious why the 3 gallon isn't enough in your opinion. I hear that 3 is more than enough for these smaller cars. Guys are running the 3 on Camaro's and Nova II's without issue. Curious why your experience is different. Are you continuously inflating and deflating your cars?

Thanks for the compliment...did you mean Mopars in the park?
I agree that the larger tank is the way to go...I used a 3 gallon tank and it's only good for one drop and rise. Also only running one compressor so it takes a couple of minutes to fill back up.

Back to the shocks for a minute.....I was curious about the front shocks you have installed on the RMS suspension as shown in your picture.
I wanted to run those smaller diameter shocks but was told they were not designed to handle the load. What shocks are you running up front on this car? Are they for mock up or what is the model number? I was considering changing from the double bellows to that newer 104 model until I saw your pics.

Thanks,

Mop, The series I have on the front are the Shockwave Master Single Series, Model #13013001, modification had to be done to be able to mount on RMS front end to the shocks, Bill doesn't recomend using Rideteck with his front end, I wanted to prove him wrong and I had purchased the Ridetech system prior to the rack set up, I was going to use the stock k-member, but desided to get RMS after. On my 70 Dart big block with the stock k-member with tubular upper control arms i have no issues. Not sure if the the fact that the torsion bars are still on the car(70), make's a difference to lift the front end or the fact that I have a 5 gallon tank and two compressors...still working on some other issues. Something that I might have to call Tony at Ridetech on this if I can't figure it out.
I'll be posting more pictures

I too am curious what springs you are running up front. They definitely look like 7000's, not the new 104's. I spoke with Tony last night and he strongly encouraged me to go 1000's all the way around. We'll see where the plane lands on the one. Also curious why the 3 gallon isn't enough in your opinion. I hear that 3 is more than enough for these smaller cars. Guys are running the 3 on Camaro's and Nova II's without issue. Curious why your experience is different. Are you continuously inflating and deflating your cars?
Swisswill, The problem is lifting the car when it's bottomed out, The rear shocks are fine, everything worked great until we installed the engine, the 70 dart has no promblems lifting the big block, but I do have the stock front end on this one. I cant say that the ride impressed me, but man the stance it gives, love it!!!! If you are buying the system from Ridetech, I would definitly get the 5 gal with the 2 compressors. I also purchased the level pro system for both cars, but haven't gotten to installing them on both cars yet. I also got the air pod on both cars, but that's up to you, but I find having all at one spot make it easier and clean.

what size rims are you tuckin?
The front's are 18" and the rear 20". The front is real darn close to the fenders, unfortunatly the backspacing isn't enough. I would prefer to have it a bit lower once I drive it. I really don't want it to look like a 4x4. I might have to change the front. Sucks, Unfortunatly Boss wheels don't offer a custom back spacing.

Pictures of the shock's that are up front on the 69, I can't find anything on the 70 front set up, but here's a picture of it lowered

Oops, here they are!

Attachments

• 69-Dart-front-shock.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 563
  • 70-dart.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 552
Not to be a pain but that does not look right.....

I have a RMS suspension on my car and I also have the Ridetech/AirRide air springs all the way around.

Like I said the one's you have on front are wrong according to Ridetech....look it up if you want.

http://www.ridetech.com/store/streetrod/suspension-systems-streetrod/

I'm not sure why Bill would have told you the 1000 series would not work as I spoke with him at great lengths about using them and even had him make a slight mod to my spindles cause I was worried about my dropped clearance.

Just hate to see something bad happen to such a nice car and you.

I am a bit confused about your last post...you mention using the stock suspension with air springs...how are you planning on making that work?

Curious

Attachments

• 100_0146w.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 555
  • 100_0148w.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 553
  • 100_0149w.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 559
Mop, your not a pain! I just installed what Tony at Ridetech suggested, If he sold me the wrong shocks, for sure I'll be on the horn tomorrow. I appreciate your concerns of me and the car. Let me rephrase my earlier post, Bill "prefer's the coil springs instead of the airbag system for handling and didn't recommend me using an airbag system.

How's your ride with the system that you have? Do you find it holds good when getting into a curve? Smooth on the bumps?

Quote: I am a bit confused about your last post...you mention using the stock suspension with air springs...how are you planning on making that work

On the 70 Dart I have stock k-member, tubular A arms with the Airtech shocks.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJaxj0Ci2L4"]YouTube - ‪Wicked Dart Swinger Hot Rod at Kanata Cruise‬‏[/ame] video show's without the airbag's and upper strongArms The video might clarify the set up for the 70.

Mop, why do you want to change what you have on the car? now you got me woundering if i should be changing mine to what you have. Thanks

This confuses me too because Tony told me no way on the 7000 series bags up front. I am actually doing 1000 series all around, per his recommendation. I too have a feeling you have the wrong bag up front, should definitely be the convoluted like momoparman is showing. I'm also surprised that you are not impressed with ride and handling. RideTech beats the snot out of their cars on the autocross and the stick! I wonder if that has to do with the fact it's the wrong bag. It's also a linear rate bag which "may" contribute to the ride quality, he convoluted is a progressive rate bag. Everything I've read on other forums is the ride quality is unmatched with air.

If you purchased the AirRide stuff before the RMS, I think that explains it. You don't need a 1000 series bag if you are also running torsion bars, which I assume you were at the time (you know what happens when you assume). Now that you have changed over to RMS, this bag is doing the heavy lifting and is not right bag for that.

I would connect with Tony. He's been awesome for me so far! Looking forward to hearing how you get it worked out.

I only considered going to the newer 104's because they are newer and may offer some improvements and better clearance....not a must do and probably will not happen unless something happens to my 1000's

I am using the 7000's in the rear per ride techs recommendation.

I have about 1600 miles on my shockwaves and so far they have been great.

Takes some time to get the right amount of air pressure figured out and adjustment on the dampening as well.

My car rides smooth and soft with the bags set at 70psi front and 60 in the rear. I can make it stiff as a buckboard wagon if I like.

I am running a stroker big block and the battery is in the trunk.

It handles like a car with an independent front end and racknpeanut steering should......like a mustang.

Bill sells air ride so I'm not sure why he wouldn't recommend them.

I agree that he is great to work with and will spend time as you need getting you straight.

Keep on building your gonna love it.

Mop

BIG thanks for your help guy's, I have put the air system on hold for now, Will have to go with coil's until we figure out a way to make this work, and we will!!! Just want to make something clear here, Bill was a great help, knows his stuff. He did mentioned to me that the system that I had would not work. Hard headed me, want to prove him wrong! didn't work...Assumed, learn, and try again= more money.

To continue with the theme of the car being wrapped, we wrapped the bumpers and upper door.

Interior's all done!

Have a great memorial weekend! Drive safe!

Attachments

• front-bumper.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 534
Rear bumper wrapped

Attachments

• rear.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 501
Interior door panels where wrapped with 3M Wrap carbon fiber, ah! different?

Attachments

• interior01.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 540
  • interior02.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 536
  • interior.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 542
The front's are 18" and the rear 20". The front is real darn close to the fenders, unfortunatly the backspacing isn't enough. I would prefer to have it a bit lower once I drive it. I really don't want it to look like a 4x4. I might have to change the front. Sucks, Unfortunatly Boss wheels don't offer a custom back spacing.

I'm considering 18" 338s all around on my car. So what is the backspace on those fronts??
thanks and nice work, beautiful car! -pauly

Thanks, I have these up front 3387-9812 18x8 Super Finish Grey 5 on 4.5 +2 mm 4.517 3248-06 1580 lbs. lbs. Are you lowering the car? Good Luck

Looks like Tony shot the video. I guess I need to get out to Kanata cruise more often. Been out only once this year. Where in Ottawa are you?
Shop is in Ottawa east, haven't been in Hazeldean Mall this year, way to much traffic leaving from east to the west.

Wylde1.

Shop is in Ottawa east, haven't been in Hazeldean Mall this year, way to much traffic leaving from east to the west.

Nice ride! Just curious why you decided to go with a wrap VS paint, If there was no savings in $ what is the advantage? I have some experience with vehicle wraps and they tend to fade over time and I don't see any advantage over paint.

-
Back