Problems in the chat room

-

goldfish65

Reaction score
.....not what you may be thinking. Just want to say, if you have a problem on your Mopar, consider coming to the chat room for advice. There are usually knowlegable members there, and I come there too lol. Recently I was having some problems working on my car, and with the tips I got in chat, I figured it out and got the job done! If navigating the chat room seems intimidating at first, don't give up, before long you will catch on.

Great thread David! You're right -- it can be a great place to network, get questions answered, and just have an enjoyable evening in real time without the burden and delay of waiting for responses on the forum.

nice thread Mr. David .....yes it can be fast way to get answers but you have to admit the forum board is pretty dang fast too. thats why FABO is soooo great.

one of the main parts of chat these days that makes it nice is you Mr. David.......you have been a great help.....at least to me and a few others i can think of :prayer: :D

Yes over the years,I,ve gone to the Chat room for answers.Always get the right help with different opinions from members from all over the world.Where else can you get answers from Australia/Germany/USA/Canada/Sweden/England in a period of 1 hour?Yep,thats right...Only here at FABO.:D

I'm new to the chat rooms myself , and don't have a clue why it won't take my pictures , but its pretty cool to talk to people from the site , and get different perspectives than you would on the posts here . I can definiteley get used to it .

Hey, I know that place! Don't visit often enough anymore. It is good meeting new and old screen names.

I like chat. Alotta good members come in and we can all talk together. I often have technical questions and usually they get answered by the guys who lived from the actual times these cars were around. LOL But also, younger guys too, are very helpful! FABO is great. Every member is good with me. :)

. I often have technical questions and usually they get answered by the guys

Isn't that the purpose of the "public" board? Seems to me that if you start doing all this in chat, there might as well not be a board, and there is no archive available to look things up, refer back to.

Isn't that the purpose of the "public" board? Seems to me that if you start doing all this in chat, there might as well not be a board, and there is no archive available to look things up, refer back to.
Yep....

You're correct. I'm not in chat all the time, but when I am, and when I do have a question, I ask while I'm there for a quick response. I'm not by any means complaining of a "slow" response on the boards. That's not the case with FABO. :)

I agree, more technical questions and write-ups, how to's etc, should be present on FABO web forum.

Agreed. Having the forums where help is given is very important and should be encouraged. As far as tech help in chat there is no going back to see what step you may have missed and there is nothing left to help the next member that has the same issue.

Xs4 . i would encourage people to post their issues here. i cant count the times ive been able to do a quick search and find answers from other peoples threads with the same problems

I'll try and pop in, it has been a long time. I do agree with 67dart273 that FABO is a great, and in my opinion one of the best, research tools about our cars so we should share as much as possible to create a more extensive archive. Lately I've been trying to document my car projects with more pictures and vids to later edit and share when time permits. Not because I know what I'm doing, that is usually far from the case, but to entice input and helpful tips for the next person that does a search.

But chat has it's place too. Maybe a good guideline would be that after you get some quick advice in chat and finish your project you post a thread about the problem and solution using key words in the title and at the end of your post like:

Search Words: carb, edelbrock, 1406, metering, tuning, jet, jets, jetting, dialing.....

-
Back