Procar seats and adapters????

-

Reaction score
Any one running the Procar low back seats? If so how do you like them? Thinking about a set for my 65 Dart. But noticed that the adapters they list are only listed for a 65 Barracuda, not a 65 Dart. I would think they would be the same? Thanks!!

If need be I will, but if the Barracuda ones will work I would rather just use them. Call me lazy LOL

If need be I will, but if the Barracuda ones will work I would rather just use them. Call me lazy LOL

I hear ya.
I would rather buy them already made myself but sometimes saving a few bucks and doing it yourself is more funner'er.

i'm running the procar elite lumbar seats in my dart. very nice seat. i'm sure the low back is very nice also.

i have the lowback and they are nice seats, however i bought the mustang fastback brackets that autocrosscuda suggested #81828. I haven't put them in yet. i didn't realize they had brackets for fastback cuda.... i hope my brackets work...
-Junior

I hope the barracuda brackets work for the dart. I sure do not see why they would not. They look like the same seats. and I would think the floor pan is the same between the two. I guess I will find out!

Just checking if any one has tried these adapters in a Dart yet? If not looks like I might be the first. Getting close to that point.

Any one running the Procar low back seats? If so how do you like them? Thinking about a set for my 65 Dart. But noticed that the adapters they list are only listed for a 65 Barracuda, not a 65 Dart. I would think they would be the same? Thanks!!

Had procar in my dart before I changed to factory buckets. The previous owner installed them, and they used angle iron brackets to fit the contour of the floor. They actually fit really nice, I just got sick of people asking if they were factory seats, or aftermarket! There is no comparison to the ride of those seats, versus factory, but I like the factory look.

View attachment 69 dart 8.jpg

Thought I would revisit this as I am getting close to getting some seats for my car.

Any one happen to try the 65 barracuda adapters in a dart yet? Looks like I might be the guinea pig on this one.

Hey everyone!

I'm also now looking at getting the procar "classic" seats instead of having my old front bench redone. Will probably be cheaper (driver side springers are shot) AND will be more comfortable.

Anyone run these in a 71 swinger? Abodyjoe, yours seems to be around that year. What did you do for brackets? Did you keep you original seat belt set up? I think I'll go with the low back instead of the elites that you have, but the lower bracket should be the same. Any way you can post some pics of the elites in your ride? Thanks in advance for any help. THIS FORUM IS AWESOME! Giving me so many ideas!

Hey everyone!

I'm also now looking at getting the procar "classic" seats instead of having my old front bench redone. Will probably be cheaper (driver side springers are shot) AND will be more comfortable.

Anyone run these in a 71 swinger? Abodyjoe, yours seems to be around that year. What did you do for brackets? Did you keep you original seat belt set up? I think I'll go with the low back instead of the elites that you have, but the lower bracket should be the same. Any way you can post some pics of the elites in your ride? Thanks in advance for any help. THIS FORUM IS AWESOME! Giving me so many ideas!

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=59373&highlight=Finally+seats

ordered them from a local shop.. got the bracket part number off of scats web site before i ordered..

I'm going to get either the "classic" without a headrest or the "lowback series 1400". Excited!!

the low backs don't look right in a 70-up car to me.. thats more a 69-down looking seat...

saw this dart in NC a couple years ago.. if the back seat was done to match the front it would almost pass as stockish looking..

DSC_0644.JPG

DSC_0643.JPG

the low backs don't look right in a 70-up car to me.. thats more a 69-down looking seat...

saw this dart in NC a couple years ago.. if the back seat was done to match the front it would almost pass as stockish looking..

Thanks for the pic Joe! Yeah that looks good. Seems to be the Procar "rally" seats. After digging around a bit, I totally see what you mean about not looking factory with lowbacks for that year. I guess I just really like the way they look. The lowback buckets have a similar height to the front bench and would maintain that nice open cockpit feel. Here is an example pic. Not a dart, but gives you an idea. Looks awesome to me with the front and back being about the same height.

Regardless for 71 I'm thinking "Procar 90" seats with the headrests would be the best match to original. It's got the vertical stitching and would be about the right height. Also they are one of the cheapest in the procar line! I'll probably get these or the lowback version cuz I dig the look so much.

ONE LAST QUESTION for you Joe! Did you have to drill new holes for the new brackets bolts and did you just go all the way through the floor pan to the underneath the car? Thanks sir! Your swinger is awesome!

Click for large view - Uploaded with Skitch

Yea the head rest makes a big difference. Whatever you get will be light years better then the stock bench or buckets.

Yes you drill the floor. Two of the holes on each seat will already be braced. The other holes should be braced. Check out my install thread. It will show where I drilled the holes.

Yea the head rest makes a big difference. Whatever you get will be light years better then the stock bench or buckets.

Yes you drill the floor. Two of the holes on each seat will already be braced. The other holes should be braced. Check out my install thread. It will show where I drilled the holes.

Sorry for the dumb question, but what do you mean by "braced"? Is that something I can do myself or does it involve welding. Thanks again Joe!

Also I wonder if the head rests are removable in the Pro 90 series? Then I could get the best of both worlds!

thought i pics of mine installed but i can't find the pictures..

just follow my install thread pictures and the holes that are single layer sheet metal add plated to.. it will be obvious looking at it..

-
Back