Procomp rockers???

-
What kind of rockers are you posting that are broken there wild?

The top ones Look to be t & d's where valve control issue caused a crack at one od the adjuster hole treads.....the second pic is chevy 'gen something'ruther' comp shaft mount that in that case the valves floated or bounced so much that a lot of free play allowed the push rod to get away from the adjuster, just catching the edge of it and wiping it out....the last is a crane energizer rocker [same ones magnum head guys say to use] well it just broke in half from 300 or so psi ....weak like like proform, or weaker even.

Anybody using these rockers????
Do you like them????
I was thinking of getting a set for one of my small blocks.
It would be nice to use a set of 1.6 ratio rockers for cheap.
It's the cheap part that I'm not so sure about. :burnout:
Thanks for any info.
id stay away from pro comp or speedmaster stuff knock off chinese junk . lots of bad reviews about their products . ill stick with crane or comp cams roller rockers . if money is no object try harland-sharp or jessel

Some of you guys really crack me up.

Everyone is warning of catastrophic failure, except for the guys that have actually ran them. After all, you get what you pay for. Factory steel crank? Forget about it. Sonny Bryant makes really nice billet cranks, and you will never break one. Therefore, you should get one of them, because I once heard about a guy, who had a friend, who's brother-in-laws father broke a factory steel one idling down the driveway on his way to work. And I swear, he didn't do anything wrong. Those factory steel cranks are just pure junk. They must have been made in Japan. Remember how everything made in Japan back then was junk?

Every aftermarket part has its proper application, and when properly applied, and installed, the risk of failure drops dramatically. Many rocker arm failures come from valvetrain instability, and if the geometry isn't correct, that will break a pile of valvetrain parts. Most guys don't know what proper geometry is, because the magazines, performance books, and yes, even the Mopar Performance Engines book tells them something that isn't anywhere close to accurate.

If the valvetrain is unstable, ie valve float, the geometry is likely wrong. And, for the guys who don't have enough spring clearance, the geometry is WRONG! I have never had to clearance a rocker for spring clearance with less than a 1.625" spring. When the geometry is right, there will be plenty of clearance.

What I find to be maddeningly humorous, is the most recommended brand of rockers has some of the worst design geometry of any rockers on the market. That's selling ice cubes to Eskimos level marketing right there.

Use what is capable of the abuse your performance level can dish out, and your budget will allow. Install it properly, and the odds of it working well for a long time are in your favor.

Mancini racing rockers. Harland sharps without the roller bearings on the shaft. I think in the 400.00 dollar range.

-
Back