ProComp/Speedmaster aluminum heads

-
I don't know about that thread. But I was asked by a mod to stop. So I went in that thread and deleted every post that took away from that thread out of respect. Supposingly our clown was asked to do the same, stop. However, the short-fused freak has continued on. I see no mod "moderating" this continuation. So, if I'm going to be a topic in a thread (and you, J par, ... post 205, sort of opened the door for more remarks), then I decided to play. :)
Oh good lord now it's my fault! LOL
toolman Mike Tillman Mike toolman Mike toolman Mike toolman Mike toolman Mike toolman night we need a mod we need a mod we needtoolman

Oh good lord now it's my fault! LOL
toolman Mike Tillman Mike toolman Mike toolman Mike toolman Mike toolman Mike toolman night we need a mod we need a mod we needtoolman
….

Last edited:
talk about twisting words...… LOL. I didn't say it was your fault. I'd in no wise hold you accountable for a lunatics behavior. I just said you opened the door with post 205 for him to start in.
I need no defending ……… but thanks, friend :) But means I've become the topic of this thread, then I'll play!!!!!! :D :D
Here is a New Yorker trying to buy a bagel.... is this grumblefish?????

BWAHAHAHAAA !!!!

naw, I said how "I" would build a 10 second street car, because the OP of that thread asked "how would YOU build a 10 second street car". I simply answered the title of that thread. Grumblefish decided my "street" car would need to go through new York city with creature comforts because that is what he had to do to get to a track. LOL. my reply was simple. I never plan to take my classic car through NYC, and all 4 of my classic cars do not have A/C. all of this because of that. Just like the bagel shop video LOL :D :D :D

And there he goes spreading lies again.
If there is one lunatic here, you have displayed yourself very well and as a lie spreader.

Didn’t you say you weren’t paying attention to me because I’m on your ignore page but yet you visit my profile and make a rude comment and then follow up with more posts cutting in a convo with myself and J par.

Hypocrite!
Back to your attempts on being a bully I see.

Last edited:
Grumblefish decided my "street" car would need to go through new York city with creature comforts because that is what he had to do to get to a track.

This is an out right bold face lie that can be checked on my unedited post, unlike his highness who edited his threads.

If anybody actually cared to ”FACT CHECK” the facts.

LOL. my reply was simple. I never plan to take my classic car through NYC, and all 4 of my classic cars do not have A/C. all of this because of that. Just like the bagel shop video LOL :D :D :D

Not exactly true, twisted words, changed his point of view. Possibly, could be checked, he edited his posts.
He did lead people into thinking he has 4 classic cars capable of 10 second 1/4’s he drives around the US in the heat of summer without the comfort of A/C, equipped or not.

Misleading post.

Last edited:
I can’t believe that after at least 2 pages of arguments the Mr. Mike never stepped in. Kim
I thought Mike and I were okay? I thought this would have been cleared up as well and I'm happy to see another member then here trying to get us back on track I've got some things to say about the heads but I'm waiting for this to clear up...

I have complained to the power about his incessant insulting and attacking behavior on me that comes out of nowhere. Do you know avail, they let his Royal highness continue his assault and bullying atemps.

Last edited:
I thought Mike and I were okay? I thought this would have been cleared up as well and I'm happy to see another member then here trying to get us back on track I've got some things to say about the heads but I'm waiting for this to clear up...
Here, I'll do like I did in the other thread. I'll take the high road and I'll delete all my remarks. I don't know what he posts, nor do I care. Now, carry on :)

Here, I'll do like I did in the other thread. I'll take the high road and I'll delete all my remarks. I don't know what he posts, nor do I care. Now, carry on :)
Sure you care.

First, your delegating your posts in order to save yourself from looking like a fool because the proof is being deleted.

2nd, You falsely cloak yourself as a good guy trying to escape your guilt of starting in with me.

Hack, hypocrite! Liar liar liar!

Last edited:
Kim also has some CNC Speedmaster heads for sale. Did you check them out.
Procrastination is a flaw. lol

Kim also has some CNC Speedmaster heads for sale. Did you check them out.
Procrastination is a flaw. lol

I might be wrong, but I seem to recall that the price j par was told was $500 or $800 for the new empty heads. I'd have to dig back through all the posts.

As of right now I think unported empty heads are $365 each. Empty CNC'ed $779? each. Non CNC'ed with valves and springs around $1200 and CNC'ed full $1800 or so...

As of right now I think unported empty heads are $365 each. Empty CNC'ed $779? each. Non CNC'ed with valves and springs around $1200 and CNC'ed full $1800 or so...
CNC are 1900 assembled. leaving 800 for valves, springs, retainers and seals.
So then mine are a fair bit cheaper. I can get valves as soon as I know they are 5 inches in legnth. Kim
j par :poke:

CNC are 1900 assembled. leaving 800 for valves, springs, retainers and seals.

j par :poke:

So for a little more you can buy an American made head, with quality parts, better flow numbers, same cc runner, and a company that gives back to racers at the track. Hmmmmm.

One reason I have bare heads is so u can put in what u want for the valve train. Even though I think they will be fine for a mild build that sees around 6000 rpm. After all the parts must be better than the factory parts from the 60s and 70s that we’re twisted to 6500 or more. Kim

These valves and springs and retainers and locks are still running around 50 years later is some vehicals. I for 1 have a 40,000 mile car that is still all factory as the day it left the factory. Kim

So for a little more you can buy an American made head, with quality parts, better flow numbers, same cc runner, and a company that gives back to racers at the track. Hmmmmm.
Here's the kicker, when I called and talked to somebody at Speedmaster a couple weeks ago the guy said 255 each for unported plus shipping and $1, 200 plus shipping for a set of CNC fully loaded heads. Again I'm hoping to scrape together a budget soon...:BangHead::thumbsup:
So here are my thoughts. If I could get a set of CNC'ed heads empty like under $1, 000 way under $1, 000 on a Black Friday sale I can possibly load them up with my Springs and valve and retainers? And don't let one of these crazy offers happened where again they offer CNC heads and the whole load of other expensive parts for a real cheap price. as a matter of fact two weeks ago when I looked at their site everything they offered came with a free air gap intake manifold as well...
absolutely every single part on this car has been a compromise of how far I want to take it and how far my budget will let it go. Absolutely every part I have on my car I could have spent more on and got a little bit better quality. I could have got a forged crank instead of a cast. For just a little bit more. I could have got h-beam rods instead of I-beam rods for just a little bit more... And you know come on you preach budget yourself for what you can afford...
With all that said that's what I was hoping to find out here if the guy could get some decent horsepower and bide his time and get them at the right price just maybe... I could finally have aluminum heads....
If we can keep everybody from going crazy and bananas at each other for a little bit and keep on the subject maybe I could possibly take this thread all the way to a timeslip...
My first general question about these heads have been clearly answered. They're not a huge threat to my engine or me. With relatively a small amount of expected inspection and possible minor correction there is really no reason to call these that dramatically of less quality especially considering and this is the big consideration the application?

I think you will spend 1900 for the heads fully assembled per Speedmasters web site.

i have a set of the cnc speedmaster heads on a 360 . I bought the heads bare and had the local machine shop i use do a performance valve job along with new valves and pac springs. They also put them on their flow bench and they did not set the world on fire.... The engine had another problem that did not allow us to get some good time slips in before the summer shut down in Vegas. Track reopens in September....

The engine has been repaired and camshaft changed out...I got a long list of things to do to the car but not sure if everything is going to get done as I want to run it at the TnT that Friday night. Trying to get roll bar in car with hope it runs fast enough to need it...LOL>...then the lightening of the car is needed for that 75 Duster....going to get rid of the heavy bumpers ...brackets...and shocks...putting a earlier front end on the car along with fiberglass hood and bumper....

• and then i have another set of Speedmaster heads in Indio CA being ported...along with a set of Eddy heads....will be interested to see what the results are ....same porter and flow bench...apples to apples..
I thought I remember you getting those CNC''ed heads on a Black Friday sale or something?
I think you will spend 1900 for the heads fully assembled per Speedmasters web site.

-
Back