ProComp/Speedmaster aluminum heads

-
if you two moved in together look at the bandwidth the internet would save.........

if you two moved in together look at the bandwidth the internet would save.........
Toke.gif

The options were Jpar or you. I didn’t want to move that far from my parents so the deal fell to jpar.

And this ain’t over yet. The old lady could pull the trigger at any minute and kick me to the curb. It’s always touch and go around here.
@318willrun needs the most help...
All those cars trucks vans and Parts...

The options were Jpar or you. I didn’t want to move that far from my parents so the deal fell to jpar.

And this ain’t over yet. The old lady could pull the trigger at any minute and kick me to the curb. It’s always touch and go around here.

@318willrun needs the most help...
All those cars trucks vans and Parts...
I rent a couple storage sheds... perhaps a cot in one could be arranged for 1/2 the rent.

and I'm just patiently waiting... for a trip to the dragway. I'm head'n in with confidence :)
One of our dragstrips is open in the next county over. I'm still a few days away from firing the car and I'm not going to just take it straight down to the drag strip. Like you I want to drive it around a little bit and check things out..

there talk'n 90* today.... it's been a scorcher
Same here and I am soaked. Tying up a few loose ends on Matt's truck and hoping to get Brian's exhaust finished on the valiant. We put his dougs on over the weekend. He said he is going to join this site and post some pics of it. It ain't purty, but we love it.

One of our dragstrips is open in the next county over. I'm still a few days away from firing the car and I'm not going to just take it straight down to the drag strip. Like you I want to drive it around a little bit and check things out..
I need our strip to open because I made a promise to some Half-Dazed guy on this site that I'd post a ET slip quicker than 13.3's. He screen-shot my promise :D But that was all before COVID-19

Just got done for the day..
Started with an idea I came up with to make the passenger side exhaust fit a little better.. motor mount nuts and chain.. ran a heavy wire to an open connection I had under the dash left over from the nitrous.. I'll run a relay for the fan and have it operate off of a temperature sensor it's also connected to a switch in my dash. Likely I'll just switch the fan off if I quickly want to use the nitrous. I don't think I would overload the circuit but I wouldn't want to take a chance either.. I think the engine would survive 12 seconds without the fan if needed LOL... Reconnected the first gear trigger I have on the transmission for the two step. Something I connected up a long time ago so the two step only works in first gear... Got the carpet laid back down over the shifter and all that screwed back in and the fire extinguisher and stuff. I went ahead and put the intake manifold on or at least the lower part. It was scary because it went on way too easy? I felt like I did something wrong it was too easy.. cleaned up the valve covers and got those back on with new gaskets and started lining up the new pulleys...
IMG_20200608_175517.jpg
IMG_20200608_175537.jpg

Just got done for the day..
Started with an idea I came up with to make the passenger side exhaust fit a little better.. motor mount nuts and chain.. ran a heavy wire to an open connection I had under the dash left over from the nitrous.. I'll run a relay for the fan and have it operate off of a temperature sensor it's also connected to a switch in my dash. Likely I'll just switch the fan off if I quickly want to use the nitrous. I don't think I would overload the circuit but I wouldn't want to take a chance either.. I think the engine would survive 12 seconds without the fan if needed LOL... Reconnected the first gear trigger I have on the transmission for the two step. Something I connected up a long time ago so the two step only works in first gear... Got the carpet laid back down over the shifter and all that screwed back in and the fire extinguisher and stuff. I went ahead and put the intake manifold on or at least the lower part. It was scary because it went on way too easy? I felt like I did something wrong it was too easy.. cleaned up the valve covers and got those back on with new gaskets and started lining up the new pulleys...
View attachment 1715542887 View attachment 1715542888
Wow, looking good!
Love them valve covers.

The header issue wasn't because of the heads was it?
No it was all underneath, I went from cheap Summit headers to cheap ceramic coated Summit headers.. lol
New passenger side header was about 2 in longer than the old one.. I just had to tweak exhaust mount a little bit on the passenger side...

So u have in equal length headers? Kim
Will they claim to be tuned headers, but definitely the passenger side comes out quite a bit further then the driver side as the driver side wraps down and around the steering arm so it doesn't stick out as far at the back..

-
Back