Product testing, need comments from members

Would colored lenses be worth producing?

• Yes, please produce these as I would love to have a set.

Votes: 35 33.7%
  • I don't believe there is any market for those.

Votes: 17 16.3%
  • I don't want them, but maybe someone else would like to have a set.

Votes: 52 50.0%

• Total voters
-
The point of lights is to see! So why paint them any color at all! Seems like everyone is trying to get brighter lights for their vehicles now days, or get rid of the haze on lense! They really just seem gay.

No, I'm gay. The tinted lenses are (mostly) pointless. It's not the same; "gay" doesn't mean dumb, pointless, or lame. And there's nothing wrong with having some fun with a mostly-pointless exercise like painting headlamp lenses. This isn't about headlamp performance; I'd like to think nobody smart enough to use a computer to log onto FABO is dumb enough to try driving around with blue, green, red, orange or other-color headlamps. No harm comes to anyone if somebody will drive to a car show, park in his show space, and swap in a pair of green headlamps for the duration of the show.

redbeard.gif

Might have been my post about the amber covers I got from england....they were vintage so I don't know if there is still a mfg.

Those plastic covers were designed to do two things: Shift the headlight beam five degrees to the right, and tint it yellow. They were meant for temporary installation on English cars that had been taken across the English Channel to France, where yellow headlamps were required from 1936 until 1993. The rightward shift was because they drive on the left in England, so English headlamps produce a low beam focused downward-leftward (away from oncoming traffic in a left-traffic country) instead of downward-rightward like the headlamps in France or any other right-traffic country. The covers did a minimally adequate job for temporary use in France, but that's it. It's not safe to drive with those covers in place over RH-traffic American headlamps; your seeing distance won't be anywhere near adequate.

(And no, they're not made any more; not only does France no longer require yellow light, but England no longer uses round sealed beams)

I tinted mine blue years ago. At that time I thought they looked cool but the cops gave me a ticket every time I drove it. I kept them in 2 days. LOL
(blue is a fire department emergency color)

The point of lights is to see! So why paint them any color at all! Seems like everyone is trying to get brighter lights for their vehicles now days, or get rid of the haze on lense! They really just seem gay.
This thread is for people that want coloured lenses.Don,t like them?Don,t buy them!Pretty simple eh?:angry3:

It's called style. Some folks like the way street freak cars back in the 1960's-1970's had them. When on cars, it brakes up a somewhat common looking car at car shows.

No, I'm gay. The tinted lenses are (mostly) pointless. It's not the same; "gay" doesn't mean dumb, pointless, or lame. And there's nothing wrong with having some fun with a mostly-pointless exercise like painting headlamp lenses. This isn't about headlamp performance; I'd like to think nobody smart enough to use a computer to log onto FABO is dumb enough to try driving around with blue, green, red, orange or other-color headlamps. No harm comes to anyone if somebody will drive to a car show, park in his show space, and swap in a pair of green headlamps for the duration of the show.

redbeard.gif

perfectly said. Well done.

-
Back