professional products intake ???

-

thorstenn

Reaction score
Hi all,
Has anybody heard of or use professional products intake maifolds. I am thinking of getting the crosswind power + plus for my 318 ci. just courious i have never seen them before.

Thank you,

Thorstenn

Ive heard of them. They are sapoosed to be nice but not finished as good as the Edelbrock

The cross wind is a knock off on the edelbrock Air Gap with one very nice feature. It has mounting provisions for both LA and magnum heads.

If you read the propaganda on their web page they say it has been dyno tested and is equal or better than the competition. Don't know what they consider to be the competition. The edelbrock Air Gap is arguably the best dual plane manifold available and is better than most of single planes in the high rpm ranges too.

Since the runners in this manifold are sized to the 340/360 port size it's likely not a good choice for a 318 with 318 heads.

Since I am using magnum heads on my 360 build the $100+ dollar difference in price between it and the mangum air gap has me hoping that one of the magazine will do a comparison test before I have to make a decision on purchasing a manifold.

wow thank you. what manfold should I use then? also I do have extra set of 360 heads whats the advantage over 318 heads?? my long term goal is mid 12's and be street driven daily

Thank you,
thorstenn

The Edelbrock Performer (not the Performer RPM or Performer RPM Air Gap) is a better match to the 318 heads. The runners are approximately the same size as the 318 head ports and will keep air velocity up and enhancing low/mid rpm torque.

360 heads have bigger valves and larger ports than 318 heads. A 12 second 318 is going to be a very serious motor and you will have to use the 360 heads or an after market head to get there.

If you have the 360 heads I would by the one of the RPM intakes or the Cross Wind and put the 360 heads on with the manifold. Also, don't forget the cambers are bigger on the 360 heads and will lower the all ready low 318 compression ratio. Have the deck surface of the heads machined to recover the compression.

The 360 heads are a direct bolt on??. also I'm looking at a2800 to 3200 stall converter and 411 gears. and a L-60 15 inch 10 inch tread. would the stall be to high for the street. I have a 650 holley, is it big enough for the heads, headers, 2 1/2 inch aluminized, and 2 chamber flowmasters. Oh for a cam ,mopar perf. 450 in/455ex and 1.6 rockers.

I really want to thank you for your time.
I know its alot of anoying questions.
I really want this car to be right, its my first real build up.

Thank you thorstenn

I would think with the 360 heads and a good cam you would have to use at least a 750. I run a pair of stock ported cast heads with a Comp X cam, edelbrock 750 with a port matched air gap on a 360 block. I ran into a HP road block at just a liittle over 400 hp at the crank and I think it's the head flow. I should be getting about 450+ with better heads (alum eddy heads)........I spent the little extra and got the air gap because I haven't heard enough about the other. If I were you I would look for a 360 or a 340 and build it. more cubes mean more power!!!!:)

better yet, stroke it. the stroker kits are getting cheaper and the power you get for the money is worth it. just make sure you use a good set of heads,you will need them.

-
Back