Proform rockers

-
I like the price, I like that they're bushed.
I'm sure they're great for solid flat tappet, hydraulic roller stuff without massive spring pressures.

I think these ma be OK for lower key street rides.

I’ve read about a few broken rockers in the past. I don’t remember what the spring pressures were when being used though. Should t have happened ether way IMO.

They are probably as good....or as bad....as ProComp os any of the other Chinese rockers.

I would not use alum rockers, period.

And when they are bushed like these are, they are weakened in a critically loaded area by the removal of metal for the bush. Especially the SB because it is a short rocker & needs clearance for the spring/retainer.

Not to highjack , but I purchased an engine with the Hughes 1.6 rockers on it. They don't have needle bearings which I like. They don't have any bushings just aluminum running on the shaft. I wasn't sure about this. But the engine is a solid roller and no problems so far. I've not even had to make any adjustments on the valve clearance. To be honest I was really scared of them. But they've been great so far. BTW I'm in the market for a set of 1.6, 1.65 or 1.7 ratio W5 rocker arms. If anyone has a set for sale

Last edited:
Not to highjack , but I purchased an engine with the Hughes 1.6 rockers on it. They don't have needle bearings which I like. They don't have any bushings just aluminum running on the shaft. I wasn't sure about this. But the engine is a solid roller and no problems so far. I've not even had to make any adjustments on the valve clearance. To be honest I was really scared of them. But they've been great so far. BTW I'm in the market for a set of 1.6, 1.65 or 1.7 ratio W5 rocker arms. If anyone has a set for sale

The only rockers for W2/5 heads that had a higher than 1.6 ratio are T&D and Jesel. Are you looking for something like that?

My Mopar Performance blue roller rockers have over 700 lbs spring pressure under them for over 20 years. 7-8,000 rpm also. Kim
Those are Crane Gold Race but made in Blue for Mopar Per.

The only rockers for W2/5 heads that had a higher than 1.6 ratio are T&D and Jesel. Are you looking for something like that?
I'd be fine with that. But I can get by with 1.6's

I’ll keep my eyes peeled.
One our members has a complete set of nearly new Erson's and their 1.6.
So I'm going to scoop them up. Thanks you for looking. To be honest but not wanting to start an argument. Members of this board are a lot more helpful and more cordial than the members of some other forums that I'm a member of. And I am very much appreciative of the help and support of the members here. I'm just a old redneck from the south. I've been treated badly and talked about on some other forums. And that kind of treatment is not necessary and it's why I don't post a lot.

So I'm going to scoop them up. Thanks you for looking. To be honest but not wanting to start an argument. Members of this board are a lot more helpful and more cordial than the members of some other forums that I'm a member of. And I am very much appreciative of the help and support of the members here. I'm just a old redneck from the south. I've been treated badly and talked about on some other forums. And that kind of treatment is not necessary and it's why I don't post a lot.

Glad you got hooked up.

My kind of people. Don’t wanna hear, hang out with or be bothered with BS. Hang where it stinks the least.

Maybe currently? I’m not sure but I don’t think so.
Certhe older ones are Crane’s for MP.
Yes, currently ones.

images_ePIM_original_440-469_left_arm_w700_h500_q80.jpg

images_ePIM_original_69469P_w700_h500_q80.jpg

Make sure you change the nuts and adjusters.

Indy off my 360-1 headed 408.. not a lot of spring pressure or ran at high RPM ...theres a reason Indy no longer offers them . When I spoke to them they suggested T&D of Harlan Sharp as a replacement .. I have since sold the motor

IMG_0030.jpeg

Last edited:
Indy off my 360-1 headed 408.. not a lot of spring pressure or ran at high RPM ...theres a reason Indy no longer offers them . When I spoke to them they suggested T&D of Harlan Sharp as a replacement .. I have since sold the motor

View attachment 1716205789

I ran my 1.6 Indy rockers for five years on a .650 lift solid cam shifting at 6700 rpm on every pass. As far as I know they are still in use.

-
Back