Project “Ghost Duster”, 1970 Duster Corner Carver

-
Once I had everything where I wanted it, I mig welded the inside of the brackets. These welds will be covered as I made a top plate with a couple holes that I went over with a dimple die.
1CCE0C5B-6A0D-439B-A2E2-1198D4580710.jpeg

This is with the top plate and j-bar laying in place. I have some more work to do but it should stiffen the front up quite a bit.
74CA2E44-6369-4684-96A8-2DCE81BECD6B.jpeg

664E3277-1343-4459-8AF0-7DC86EB763CA.jpeg
11F4428A-9F7F-424B-8C2C-7EF1C2D2965E.jpeg

Sorry for the lack of updates. Started a new position at work about a year ago, really cuts into my time and motivation level. Also, with the border closed, my parts supply is cut off... I have always gone to the WPC swap meet in Michigan, the Indy swap meet, Moparfest etc. nothing in the last year... I'm at a standstill on some projects because I need a certain part to carry on. In the meantime, I've done a few small things....I'll snap some pics when I get home from work. I received my new TIG welder, but argon is insane around here. Almost $500 for an 80 cu ft cylinder. I have been searching for a good deal but I may have to bite the bullet and spend the $. I have a week off coming up, hope to spend some time in the shop. Thanks for the interest, I really appreciate it!

Read the thread in the true man’s office lol. Amazing work, I mean just awesome and inspiring.

Any updates? supplies and parts,especially since AMD discontinued so many mopar parts especially a body it’s still has been a crap shoot even in the states. I have 70-72 duster parts on backorder and it’s been months. I hope to get stuff before winter as this is my favorite build time, especially the metal work but I’m losing hope.

-
Back