Project Beater gets new seats

-

mguner

How many is too many?
Reaction score
The donor car was a 2003 Cavalier. Of course the holes had to be drilled but it wasn't much of a task. The driver seat required no mods at all. The passenger seat required that the inside rear mounting tab be cut off and re-welded to face away from the hump... that's all.

l_2d5ef052249846eea42a4fd4684ca0b5.jpg

l_1d0e70ab6c3d43efb19cf89751ba6e99.jpg

My ex girlfriend's mom's Cavalier coupe had those seats.
God they were uncomfortable on the one long trip I went on in that car...

I wasn't really thrilled to put anything GM in a Mopar but...
The floor in the A-Body has a slope the Cavalier dosen't so the base actually sits a little higher in the front. They seem at least as comfortable as my six-way seats in the Intrepid if not more so.

I believe they would look better if you could remove those seat belt guides on the head rests.

Yeah I was gonna ask one of my GM tech friends if those headreasts pull out before I try cutting the plastic off.... Any of youse guys know the trick?

Yeah I was gonna ask one of my GM tech friends if those headreasts pull out before I try cutting the plastic off.... Any of youse guys know the trick?

You should be able to hold the head rest adjustment lock in while you pull up and they usually pull all the out of the seat. I'm just guessing but might be some screws on the bottom to take them off.

These don't even have an adjuster... Just detent. Not sure what stops them but I haven't pulled or squeezed very hard yet. This may be an excuse to try out my new pneumatic body saw!!:snakeman:

front of seat seems like it's up? Same deal with my 2001 Concord seat on the passenger side. Drivers a 6 way power.

front of seat seems like it's up? Same deal with my 2001 Concord seat on the passenger side. Drivers a 6 way power.

Yeah that is what I was saying to snake eyes. The floor on the Cav is flat but the slope up actually helps the comfort of the seat in the Dart I think.

It's a little much on my passenger for any long-ish drives, otherwise, not to bad.

Should have looked at Neon seats. They almost fit without any changing. We put a set in a 74 Dart.

Now where were you with that dvice when I needed seats on the cheap! LOL ha hahaha. Well, at least I now know.

Hey I think it looks good! I put a set of manual buckets from an 99 Intrepid in a 72 Charger I used to have, they looked pretty good.

Keep up the good work,
Jason

there is a locking type guide down in the seat back
you should be able to pull on the headrest a little hard and they should come right out
then there are metal push nuts on the shafts that you will need to cut or pry off and the seatbelt guides will slide right off
if you have any problems let me know
and i'll verify it with one of the techs in the shop

The donor car was a 2003 Cavalier. Of course the holes had to be drilled but it wasn't much of a task. The driver seat required no mods at all. The passenger seat required that the inside rear mounting tab be cut off and re-welded to face away from the hump... that's all.

l_2d5ef052249846eea42a4fd4684ca0b5.jpg

l_1d0e70ab6c3d43efb19cf89751ba6e99.jpg

Wow - I might have to hit the junk yards and look for a set of these. They look perfect for my 71 Duster Beater :cheers:

-
Back