Project Frog Princess

-
Here's what's distracting me.

frog 226-1.jpg

Did it come in the famous "bike box"? Did you get everything else you needed to assemble it? Are you painting or powder coating?

No bike box. Took me a while to figure out what you guys were talking about :)
I've got everything except the sway bar, Fat Man tier rod ends, and 2 bump stops that were backordered.
I plan to spray it with epoxy primer, not sure what top coat yet or what color. What are your plans?

I cleaned mine down with acetone, sanded the whole thing, then painted it with Rustoleum hammered paint. I then had to cut off the small block motor mounts (Denny's older style mounts) and weld on the newer style mounts to run the 5.7 Hemi. I just got everything done and re-painted up today. Gonna be bolting it in soon.... hopefully.

That is a nice looking guppy, BTW.

My RHS heads from IMM are here as well. No pics as I have not had time to even open the boxes. I have to be in Canada for a visit to the relatives for a week. Busy getting ready.

My next challenge is deciding on rocker arms. I know some have done fine with the stock setup. Others not so much (LX guy comes to mind). Brian does not think they will survive. Waiting to hear back from him with advice on what to use.

I think I'll measure valve clearance using the stock cam before ordering a cam so I know what I order will clear.

Thanks. I'll be following yours as well.

Subscribed. You've spent all this time and money. Why not spend a little more and bore and stroke that thing to a 408? Just giving my two cents.

Subscribed. You've spent all this time and money. Why not spend a little more and bore and stroke that thing to a 408? Just giving my two cents.

I have fair mechanical background, but this is my first "hot rod" build. I don't really know what to expect in terms of the performance. I'd like to try out the "junkyard 360" recipe for starters. At least one member has run in the 11s with what I have planned.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=191449

If I can't incinerate tires to my satisfaction, and the driveline is still intact, I'll upgrade. Almost all the parts except maybe the cam can be retained.

I've had too much going on to do much for a while. I hope to get back at it early in the new year.

Thanks for looking and Merry Christmas.

You're build will be fine,Idaho. You got the right parts,for that Magnum. All those headaches,are going to pay off.

if you need any help with engine stuff.. we have tons of small block mopar parts.. let me know if you are interested and you can swing by and shoot the ****..

You're build will be fine,Idaho. You got the right parts,for that Magnum. All those headaches,are going to pay off.

Thanks.

rgreule if you need any help with engine stuff.. we have tons of small block mopar parts.. let me know if you are interested and you can swing by and shoot the ****..

I might and the offer is appreciated.

Not sure if this really makes sense but I'm thinking of installing one of the RHS heads without a gasket, with a pair of checker springs, and doing a valve clearance check with the stock cam. The reason is Brian at IMM says I may not be able to advance the Thumpr cam (which he suggested) to where Comp specifies with the stock pistons. If so I'd just as soon get a custom grind.

I'm thinking if I know stock lift, I can get an idea, but I need to figure how to account for the specified advance.

I'm not quite ready to do this, just thinking out loud.

Absolutely perfect sense ,Idaho. That's the right way to do it. (P to v check). Seen some really nice short blocks die,with out this.
Absolutely degree the cam first. Start there....Brian's been a few rounds. Follow his words,to the tee.

I think I used up most of my advice quota from Brian. He suggested I go with replacement pistons and I'm being stubborn about trying it stock since the bottom end checks out good. I'm pretty sure I can navigate the process with a little help from friends here (thanks :salute:). I've never degreed a cam but I've collected all the tools to do it. I've also got really good youtube watching skills :)

Hello back. Sadly the Dart has been on hold for some time due to no time available for it. I'm doing some major house remodelling that's consumed it... and me.
I have a pile of very nice parts just waiting...

Feeling froggy lately?

The frog is in hibernation.

Yes the sleep is beyond any definition of a normal hibernation. I can't even recall where I left off. Sadly I've still got a ton to do on this house project. It's something I intend to rent out and help in eventually funding a retirement, which I hope will involve some cruising in a mopar. So I'll keep at it and eventually wake up the frog.

Hey do you have any pics of how the rear bottom seat retainers are attached to the floor? I stole your idea for using CTS seats,just picked some from a car yesterday. Also how did you determine how far forward to set the front seat tracks?

Credit for the idea of using CTS seats goes to Tincup.
Here's one of the two brackets welded to the rear floor pan. They function very well.

To determine the seat mounting position, I put the driver seat in its rear most position and placed it where my legs were comfortably extended with a foot on the gas pedal. This position provides enough leg room for most drivers and allows maximal forward movement for rear entry and exit. I can provide a measurement if you like but I think you'd best find the position that works for you.

I'm actually seeing light at the end of the house renovation project tunnel I've been trapped in. Hope to get back to the hibernating frog before fall.:blob:

frog 250-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
-
Back