Project Midnight Swinger

-
It’s this one SER205-16 1" ER16 Insert Ball Bearing With Snap Ring NEW ER205-16 | eBay

I should have installed it before I had the joint welded to the steering shaft but I didn’t think ahead. I’m trying to drive it down the steering column from the top and the fit is too tight. I sanded the steering column, now I need to sand/file the bearing.
I made the same mistake…. lol. I ended up cutting off the coupler, installing the bearings and welding it.

I’m doing the same setup on the dart but this time I’m going to use a double d shaft and set screws instead of welding it up in case I have to disassemble at some point down the road.

A little work before work. I’m insane and the top of the motor is coming apart. Stay tuned.

image.jpg

image.jpg

It’s this one SER205-16 1" ER16 Insert Ball Bearing With Snap Ring NEW ER205-16 | eBay

I should have installed it before I had the joint welded to the steering shaft but I didn’t think ahead. I’m trying to drive it down the steering column from the top and the fit is too tight. I sanded the steering column, now I need to sand/file the bearing.
take your measurements, get/make a hard poly bush and cut it in half like valve collets. fit it around the inner, slide it up into the outer and secure with small screws. just a possibility.
neil.

Late night madness, I need an engine hoist so I can get the b body headers out and reach the last 4 head bolts.

.030 flat tops over and cross hatch looks good with no cylinder ridge.

70605812422__9F929B8D-A764-4778-9336-A2EDFEE427A5.jpeg

IMG_2943.jpeg

IMG_2945.jpeg

IMG_2947.jpeg

IMG_2949.jpeg

IMG_2950.jpeg

YYor
Late night madness, I need an engine hoist so I can get the b body headers out and reach the last 4 head bolts.

.030 flat tops over and cross hatch looks good with no cylinder ridge.

View attachment 1716091280

View attachment 1716091281

View attachment 1716091282

View attachment 1716091283

View attachment 1716091284

View attachment 1716091285
Your going to be busy this summer. I'm just glad I'm out of garage Oklahoma garage is a sauna...lol! No big upgrades till it cools off and it saves me money. Excited to see that running love the big block!

YYor

Your going to be busy this summer. I'm just glad I'm out of garage Oklahoma garage is a sauna...lol! No big upgrades till it cools off and it saves me money. Excited to see that running love the big block!
I’m trying! Working in the heat is killing my motivation, but I’m getting there. Your build thread is great motivation for me, your car is awesome.

Motor is on the stand and oil is drained. Will report back tonight with more. You can see how close that 402 pan sits to the K frame, orange paint from it rubbing during removal. My final thoughts on the B Body Hedmans in the last picture.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Down to the short block, had the thick fel pro head gaskets on there. Probably wasn’t even 9:1 with those stock 906’s.

IMG_3055.jpeg

IMG_3056.jpeg

#6 needs an access hole, it can be done without it but you have to crawl under the car and not much room. Other than that plug access is great and no tubes get in the way.
All in all the Hedman 78030 fits the low deck very well, I've installed over a half dozen sets in Darts, Cuda's and Duster's.

All in all the Hedman 78030 fits the low deck very well, I've installed over a half dozen sets in Darts, Cuda's and Duster's.
I don’t disagree on the final fit at all. But removing them and reinstalling them is nightmarish IMO. If I was racing on a budget, or just wished for max HP per dollar I don’t think you have another choice. If you like to tinker and change stuff as much as I do, I’d go for something with easier install.

If I was paying full price, I would go TTI over the Schumacher. But for what I paid, and how nice they are, I’m happy.

More tear down, found a windage tray! Pretty awesome factory oil pan set up with the baffled 402 pan and the hemi windage tray!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

-
Back