Project Money Eater-74 dart sport

-

spikekid999

MOPAR OR NO CAR!!!
Reaction score
well i figured id make my own build topic for my dart. if your wounderin about the name,i called it Money Eater cuz its gonna eat a lot of money getting it the way i want lol

i picked this up on may 8th for $2080 from a used car lot. its got MINT interior with the fold down rear seat option that has never been smoked in. theres little rust on the bottom of the 1/4 panels and the front fenders. the car has only 44xxx miles on it and the 1st owners (im the 2nd owner) always brought it to the dealer for oil changes and whatever else it needed. it still has the original mopar heater and radiator hoses. still had the original radiator cap on it that we had to use a pair of channel locks to get it off lol.
Picture084.jpg

Picture079.jpg

Picture088.jpg

Picture087.jpg

heres the front seat
Picture080.jpg

rear seat
Picture082.jpg

rear seat folded down lookin through from the trunk
Picture090.jpg

left door panel. you can see at the bottom of it theres a tear at the front. i think ill make a stainless plate to go across the bottom there, thanks bob! :biggrin:
Picture092.jpg

and the right door panel
Picture093.jpg

i replaced the original steering wheel
Picture091.jpg

with a grant one i had
Picture108.jpg

in the trunk there was still a bias ply spare and the bumper jack is still like new
Picture086.jpg

pulled the spare out and theres not even a sign of rust in the well (you can also see i replaced the plastic covering the taillights i replaced with a carpeted one
Picture111.jpg

whats this??
Picture109.jpg

a power trunk latch
Picture113.jpg

and the power botton where the cig lighter was, look how clean the ashtray is
Picture110.jpg

the engine bay is clean to. after i get the rust fixed ill pull the motor for paint and get it all done up
Picture083.jpg

changed the valve cover gaskets yesterday cuz the left one was leakin like a ****
Picture114.jpg

and the odometer for proof its got a lil over 44000 miles
Picture081.jpg

Cool!!! Reminds me of my 73 Duster I used to have.

The wires are just extra parts. Who needs them anyway!!!!!

LOL!!! Honestly I have no idea. LOL!!!!!

picked these up on may 15th. 200watt (50x4) dual deck, and a 1600watt amp wiring kit
Picture115.jpg

Picture116.jpg

got a bandpass box for 2 10s from a friend
Picture117.jpg

Cool!!! Reminds me of my 73 Duster I used to have.

The wires are just extra parts. Who needs them anyway!!!!!

LOL!!! Honestly I have no idea. LOL!!!!!

haha its a power trunk latch from a chrysler 5th ave. direct bolt in,just had to run the wire to the fuse box

center console i made to hold the cd player and a couple soda holders,i found out how much it suck to hold your soda the whole time your driving lol. still gotta round out the corners and wrap in black vinyl

Picture118.jpg

Picture119.jpg

got these on the 23rd

Picture133.jpg

Picture134.jpg

a pair of 1200 watt lazar subs,a 2000watt american pro amp,and a pair of audiobahn 6x9s.

got my subs in the box and hooked up on the 24th. this is lookin in from the passenger window with the seat folded down
Picture136.jpg

got a pair of 6x9 boxes from a homie and installed the 6x9s
Picture135.jpg

amp on the side of the box,LEDs "dance" to the music
Picture138.jpg

cap on the back of the box
Picture139.jpg

and the back of the box. i know its a mess but i gotta get more 12 gauge speaker wire
Picture137.jpg

pulled the rolled over car up and started strippin it the rest of the way
Picture140.jpg

Picture141.jpg

Picture142.jpg

got the rear end out of the rolled over car on the 26th and drug it into the garage yesterday
Picture149.jpg

cleaned it and gave it a quick 99cent walmart paint job for now. was gonna paint it metal flake green to match the car when its done,but figured itld look to x-masy so i just did it black
Picture143.jpg

jacked up the ***-end of Money Eater
Picture144.jpg

Picture148.jpg

got the rear end out
Picture145.jpg

and i love how low the front sits with the ***-end jacked up
Picture146.jpg

Picture147.jpg

WOW !! what a find man, that interior looks awesome and in great shape. Looks like a you got it for a good price. keep up the good work.

People may not agree with your style here but Hell I like it! Atleast your starting off correctly and not devouring the car. I think you have a cool project rolling here! Hey what car is that in the garage? The hood looks familiar but I cant place what it is.

People may not agree with your style here but Hell I like it! Atleast your starting off correctly and not devouring the car. I think you have a cool project rolling here! Hey what car is that in the garage? The hood looks familiar but I cant place what it is.

Re: the hood. It is basically the same as a '69 Barracuda hood with different bracing underneath.

Spike, welcome to FABO. Looks like you are going after your project with zeal. Good luck.

Are we talking about the same thing? Im wondering what the car is thats in the garage. You can just barely see the corner of the hood. I recognize the body lines but cant place what car it is.

Ahhhhh Haaaa its a Challenger! 3rd pic down I was wondering if there was any influence of you buying a Mopar since you are doing things that most wouldnt. It appears there is another Mopar in the family! Cool

I am SO glad you didn't cut up that mint dash for the CD player! :)
me too. if it was one of my other dashes i woulda since they already have the plastic cut out around the radio,and missing that. this one was just to nice to hack up. and i didnt hack into the wiring so the original AM still works! haha

Spike, welcome to FABO. Looks like you are going after your project with zeal. Good luck.
thanks man.

Ahhhhh Haaaa its a Challenger! 3rd pic down I was wondering if there was any influence of you buying a Mopar since you are doing things that most wouldnt. It appears there is another Mopar in the family! Cool
yup its challenger. its my dads 74 to be exact,with a 340 from one of my parts car (he got the motor and i got the car in a deal he did). lots ofwork needs to be done yet.

and were nothing BUT MOPARS:-D

heres the only pic of i got of the chally on my photobucket
GeboeFamily002.jpg

well heres $230 of stopping goodness,it hurt me to pay that much (with discount) but it had to be done.
Picture154.jpg

had to dig out the original driveshaft from the rolled over car as the original to my car is 1.5" to long. didnt take a pic of it but i got it cleaned up and gave it a 99cent paint job lol
Picture152.jpg

and last pic of the night,got the rear end in. i started feelin like ****, my stomach was perculatin, but i did get the rear end in and and bolted in,and had my dad do the brakes for me as i had no idea what to do. tomorrow im gonna put the driveshaft on and throw my rims on it.:-D
Picture153.jpg

Sweet find. Great price. If you pulled your mod's out, buffed the paint and entered it in a car show, you could win the orig/un-molested group.
Nice family - looks like Mopar lovers to me.

ya i could,someone repaired the 1/4s and fenders at one time as theres a bunch of bondo on em but o well ill fix that. on saterday im gonna take it to Mopars in the Park in Farmington MN, a lil over a 3hr road trip, wish me luck everyone

oh ya and we only got to chebbies on our property (out of like 19 vehicles) and there not ours. theres a late 70s/early 80s balzer which is my cuzins since he has no place to store it,and it works as a good shed. the other is a 90s blazer which is my dads friends that wont run anymore (go figure) lol

cool stereo posts. im an old fart but have a 1500 watt boss amp and 2 10 in. r/f speakers in a box for the trunk. I want to burn a cd of the car running and play it at shows and freak people out. they will wonder why the belts arent turning. lol

-
Back