Project Mopar: 1967 Dodge Dart GT - Videos

-

Detroit Iron

Reaction score
I just bagged this Dart GT. Maybe ya'll saw it on eBay. I know... I probably paid too much for it, but inventory is low. Anyway, I'm just happy to have it.

The car is from California, and went to Minnesota some time after 2008. I think it was garaged in Minnesota, because it didn't suffer any rust. @66340SEDAN was kind enough to go out and look at it for me prior to making the purchase. Thank you sir! So $1250 shipping fee, and it's back here in dry California.

Plans for the car are a super mild 360 engine, and big bolt pattern. But, before any of that I will repaint it in it's original copper.

I plan on full video documentation, so subscribe to my channel, or check back here for my updates. I'm looking forward to what all my FABO peeps have to say.

Nice save.

You have all the unabtainyum parts.

I get why you would want to change to 5x4.5.

But...

5x4 and left hand threads are just so cool!

You have the 14x5.5 wheels. Tires are still available especially for a daily driver!

There are always KH disk brake setups commig up for sale.

In the end... Your car your choice.

I just picked up with a buddy a 67 dart GT Convert.

Factory AC and PS, no PB, Front drum.

We are not sure what we are going to do with it. He is more of a 383 guy and I'm more of a keep it stock or at least period correct.

Maybe a 67 GTS "tribute car"

Good luck and keep us updated.

Nice save.

You have all the unabtainyum parts.

I get why you would want to change to 5x4.5.

But...

5x4 and left hand threads are just so cool!

You have the 14x5.5 wheels. Tires are still available especially for a daily driver!

There are always KH disk brake setups commig up for sale.

In the end... Your car your choice.

I just picked up with a buddy a 67 dart GT Convert.

Factory AC and PS, no PB, Front drum.

We are not sure what we are going to do with it. He is more of a 383 guy and I'm more of a keep it stock or at least period correct.

Maybe a 67 GTS "tribute car"

Good luck and keep us updated.

Yeah I get what you're saying. For me a few reasons. The Kelsey Hayes brakes. I've owned multiple cars with this setup. They are problematic. If you're diving the car a lot, they often seize pistons. Even with regular bleeding. Then there's the warped rotor situation...

I've also owned multiple KH cars. I intend on driving this Dart daily in city traffic. Big bolt pattern with the single piston brake caliper is just more solid and reliable.

I intend on staying with 14" wheels (gonna run 70 series tires) because I want to use stock GT hubcaps, so I will use the smaller 10.95 brake rotors. They aren't as warp resistant as the 11.75's but again, want to stay with 14" wheels.

So you're not sure what you're going to do with your new '67 convertible??? That's a great situation to be in. Nice score, and do show us what ya got! (or maybe you did on a different thread)

I just bagged this Dart GT. Maybe ya'll saw it on eBay. I know... I probably paid too much for it, but inventory is low. Anyway, I'm just happy to have it.

The car is from California, and went to Minnesota some time after 2008. I think it was garaged in Minnesota, because it didn't suffer any rust. @66340SEDAN was kind enough to go out and look at it for me prior to making the purchase. Thank you sir! So $1250 shipping fee, and it's back here in dry California.

Plans for the car are a super mild 360 engine, and big bolt pattern. But, before any of that I will repaint it in it's original copper.

I plan on full video documentation, so subscribe to my channel, or check back here for my updates. I'm looking forward to what all my FABO peeps have to say.

Well, your first video is 3 minutes and 40 seconds long, so I think that's a sign. Are you sure about a 360?

Well, your first video is 3 minutes and 40 seconds long, so I think that's a sign. Are you sure about a 360?

Not sure about a 360, but that's what I'm thinking so far. 2.94 gears for smooth freeway cruising.... I'm thinking the cubes will be nice for power on the freeway, and the torque will be needed for those tall gear around town.

That's a beautiful foundation for whatever you want to do! I really like it.

Not sure about a 360, but that's what I'm thinking so far. 2.94 gears for smooth freeway cruising.... I'm thinking the cubes will be nice for power on the freeway, and the torque will be needed for those tall gear around town.

I agree. I'm just messing with you.

Cool, I wasn’t sure if you got it

Cool, glad you got it! I wasn’t sure and forgot to text you...hopefully you are happy with it, the car was super clean! I see you are replacing that inner fender, hopefully that was the only damage like we talked about. Good luck with it and I’ll have to watch your videos when I get a chance, glad I was able to help out!

Damn it! Another clean car picked from the Minnesota stock. :lol:

Glad you found a clean one, I wasn't so lucky. Look forward to your progress.

Damn it! Another clean car picked from the Minnesota stock. :lol:

Glad you found a clean one, I wasn't so lucky. Look forward to your progress.
It came from CA to MN, then back to CA....real clean car

I feel like Mork reporting in to Orson. Haha....

Today I have two progress videos to report. I got the inner fenders refreshed and I also painted the engine compartment. I feel like I'm finally getting somewhere. Now there are shiny parts to the car! Nanu nanu...

Love the color, but then I' m a bit biased...

-
Back