project redfish 1

-
well got the rear brake line in, pig in, axles in, fuel pump plumbed and started on the rear brakes.

DSC00341 (Small).JPG

DSC00344 (Small).JPG

DSC00346 (Small).JPG

DSC00347 (Small).JPG

Good looking job on the pump, filter and lines! Kind of a shame it's all tucked up where most folks won't be able to oggle.
Bob

Looks awesome. Did you put any sort of coating on the new fuel tank? I have a brand new one and was thinking of spraying some clear on it.

gerty, thanks. yeah it came out good but very hard if not impossible to see. well at least i know its there!

dave, no coating. they are supposeed to have a zinc coating already.

moparbrit, the show is at monterey peninsula college. check out www.montereybaymopars.com they have a flyer.

Thanks for the info. Wish I could make it back out. Typical that they would start that up in Monterey AFTER we moved away.

Cheers

finally got the rear in the car, installed brake hose, parking brake cables, driveshaft, torqued everything to spec. here are some progress pics.

tomorrow, i will plumb the front portion of the brake line with a prop valve and fuel with a comression to an fitting. i then have to wait for the rear axles lines.

DSC00350 (Small).JPG

DSC00351 (Small).JPG

DSC00362 (Small).JPG

DSC00363 (Small).JPG

DSC00364 (Small).JPG

just a quick update. the car is on the ground and all i need is to install the brake lines over the rear axle. the old ones have to be cleaned and reinstalled since the company i ordered them from dropped the ball and wont have them to me in time for the monterey show. oh well. in just want to get it running again for now and then worry about the new lines after the show.

drove her for the first time in awhile. had to beat the crap out of her. she drove great!!!!:heart: only 1 problem, the big fram gas filter got in the way of the rear of the housing and had to be changed out for a small earls in line -6 style. no big deal. drives great! the stance is just what i want and now to keep driving to find any bugs or not. i hope to see some of you in monterey on the 11th. il post some pics later.

Redfastback nice job in finishing your car. Thanks for the detailed pics they will be great reference for my restification!

Thanks,

Gary
HPIM1519-1.jpg

HPIM1519-1.jpg

HPIM1519-1.jpg

sorry man but those pics are copyrighted!!:toothy6: just kiddin......

love the 68 notchback. what are your plans? isee by the emblem holes it was a 318 car.

-
Back