Project Riddler's Ride - 1976 Plymouth Duster

-
I've decided to paint the car all Graphite Metallic. If I ever need a change vinyl will assist. After the car is running and driving I hope to locate another stock hood and work with a company on a carbon fiber hood...

I'm currently making an engine/trans stand so I can drop the car down on top and have it all bolted in.

Riddler

I've decided to paint the car all Graphite Metallic. If I ever need a change vinyl will assist. After the car is running and driving I hope to locate another stock hood and work with a company on a carbon fiber hood...

I'm currently making an engine/trans stand so I can drop the car down on top and have it all bolted in.

Riddler

Have you considered a 3m carbon fiber wrap on the hood hike you sort out a new hood? I put some brushed alum look wrap on some interior parts and couldn't be more impressed. It not only looks real, but has a texture to it when touched. You may wanna check out a sample.

Joe

Have you considered a 3m carbon fiber wrap on the hood hike you sort out a new hood? I put some brushed alum look wrap on some interior parts and couldn't be more impressed. It not only looks real, but has a texture to it when touched. You may wanna check out a sample.

Joe

I got a sample and wrapped a light switch in the garage. I'm not huge into stickers. In fact I lost a couple sponsors on my last car for refusing to put vinyl on it. Oh well....

Riddler

big fan of vinyl graphics here.....you can change it as often as your underwear if you like.... at least until you know it is a keeper.

big fan of vinyl graphics here.....you can change it as often as your underwear if you like....or keep it, at least until you know it is a keeper.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Way cheaper than painting it on and deciding you don't like it. Big difference between vinyl and stickers.:D

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Way cheaper than painting it on and deciding you don't like it. Big difference between vinyl and stickers.:D

the fact that you can "test" different stripes / schemes is second only to photoshop....and when you show up and the applicator could not follow your simple SPECIFIC instructions....you just pull it off and hand it to him (in lieu of a check)

Great project! i just picked up a slant 6 76 duster for myself and have lots planned for it! im in the greater North West hope to cross paths at a show sometime

Here's the latest update. The deep freeze halted into high 30 degree weather. I built a cart for the engine trans and unbolted the K frame. Plan is to get the engine/trans mounted to the kframe and drop the car down over top so I don't damage the painted engine bay.

Cart built
enginecart1.jpg

Odd angle of the cart under the car
enginecart2.jpg

Picture of the car sitting on the crate.
enginecart3.jpg

Kframe sitting on the engine stand waiting for the Hemi.
enginecart4.jpg

Finally here's a picture of the color I chose with some chrome next to it.
firewall~0.jpg

That's it for now....

Riddler

Sweet looking car man seeing all u guys building stuff is making me keep pushing on my ole girl keep it coming? oh and I always appreciate some critics on my own work "The Phoenix" over in members restorations

Sometimes I need a ball busting but come March Kid #2 comes. I'm sure that'll slow me right down again.

Here's hoping I can get s bunch done before that.

Riddler

WFO....

You are doing a good job of building your own build crew.

My little car girl turns 6 tomorrow. This is what I got her for a present.

Attachments

• 20150119_194709 (2).jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 545
Sometimes I need a ball busting but come March Kid #2 comes. I'm sure that'll slow me right down again.

Here's hoping I can get s bunch done before that.

Riddler

Ha! Congrats on #2, thats awesome!!!

That was me last summer, my second was due in sept, so I put in some LONG days to get it running/driving before she arrived... I pulled it off, but still have a few things on my punch list to "fix" or revisit...

JOE

-
Back