project S.L.B. 318 almost done!

-

moturbopar

Reaction score
Getting close to finishing up my Super low buck 318! Got the heads, intake cam and covers on. Just need finish up fuel lines, and hoses. Then put the radiator back in and then done.

Anyways what do you guys think this combo will do, 1/4 mile?
The engine is a .030 over 318
hypereutectic flatop pistons, compression comes out to 8.9 to 1
1.88 1.60 916 j heads with a good valve job
Engle cam 260 adv int &ext 216 at .050 in & exst .456 lift 113 lc installed on a 108 ic.
360 intake milled divider and smoothed plenum
750 holley vacuum secondary
1 5/8 headers. 2.5" exhaust
125 nitrous shot
Stock 904:tard: and hi stall factory converter stalled around 2200 rpm
3.55 SG 8 3/4
26" tall drag radials
I have less than $200 into this engine, most of the parts are peices that have been given to me or, traded for. Not worried about blowing it up since the 360 will be going into it in a couple months:toothy10:

The car is a 69 barracuda 3400lbs

My guess is 16.3 sec for the 1/4 mile time w/o the nitrous shot. 15 flat with nitrous.

Assuming it's all done "right" and tuned properly I'd be looking for low 14s off the spray, low 13s on it depending. Maybe a little quicker. I would have liked to see a larger cam in it. Something like the EP-2HYD or the Comp XE268H. With those tires and gearing you can use a larger cam and with the NOS it would love it. But, cheap it is... So tell us how it goes.

i'm with moper i reckon if all goes well you will see low 14's no probs and the engine should love the gas ! and should see easy low 13's

I would have liked to gone bigger , but already had the cam, should be interesting to see how it does.
thanks

Sounds like a great use what you have engine build! The giggle juice should get you into the 14's. Your motor is prolly making about 300 h.p without the juice,so maybe 400 with it.If you test it at a track let us know the results!

Got the car fired up and cam broken in, sounds pretty good. Cam sounds small, but the car has a ton of throttle response. I cant wait to drive it! Just need to finish the brakes up, and hang the tail pipes.

Well got to drive it around finally! The engine runs great!! It could use a little more stall, but launches fairly well, Havnt rung it out yet , but the cam seems to pull fairly well for for what it is. Idles with 16in if vacuum! The car needs some more work, the 8 3/4 I put in is Way noisy, Looks like it time for some new gears and a bearing set!
I would say right now the car feels like it would run low 15s maybe high 14s, I think I could get a little more out of it with some tunning. After I get a few more things done to the car i will probably take it to the strip to what it does.

my dart simaliar and ran a 15.09 and my throttle was a 1/4 open because of the kick down wasnt rite i fixed it and never had a chance to go back to the strip.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7CfsQ_Kd70"]YouTube - 1969 barracuda low budget 318[/ame]

High to Mid 14's off the juice. Good trick with the intake. You may find a little power with the carb raised slightly.

-
Back