project white trash 1964 Plymouth valiant

-

white trash

Reaction score
Not much new just getting ready for body and paint work. There is so many little things that I have done to this project and some things that i have done that I would like to change. This car is being built as a driver not a show car some of the things on this car i did not finish to show quality, my day job of twenty years was aerospace welder/fabricator/machinist/mechanic so I made everthing myself and I am in the process of starting my own shop here in RI

You have an excellent start and that is certainly the way to do one right! I bet it is going to be one "FINE" ride when it is all finished! Keep up the nice work.

Right on man. Hope you include all you pictures of the t56 and other mods. Definetely get a restoration thread going. Maybe the mods will move this thread for ya. Everyone loves pics of neat mods and restorations. Solid work.

I was expecting to see some POS, but that is some real nice work there!!

Anything white trash catches my eye, I call my kids WT all the time!

yes it was a stock k frame just cut it up a bit for the custom Woodward rack its not completely done yet Custom width power $1000 beans front tires are 245 45 18 on 18+7 inch rims BS 4.250

SANO.

Explain the woodard rack. IS it power? Manual? I want a rack on my 68 Dart, but the big tires and brakes will kill the manual alone.

Very nice work white trash:happy10:
Keep us updated on this dandy 64 Valiant for sure.:cheers:

That dolly the body is on looks cool. Lot of room under there to move around. Pays to be a fabricator. Nice work all around!

Couldn't help but think about this green car that's been at Carlisle for the last two years. Lot's of subtle and not-so-subtle stuff going with this thing too. Originally F.I., now Supercharged.

This guy was also from Rhode Island, maybe you know of him? Name escapes me.

One curious thing about that green car though - all that work and he still retained the 'ol single pot master.

IMG_4987.jpg

IMG_4979.jpg

IMG_4983.jpg

IMG_7594.jpg

Cool. He's got the Keisler 5-speed too. Nice sleeper.

got any pics with the steering rack mounted? what spindles/steering arms are you using?

I am using 1974 a body spindles steering arms are easy I was going to fab my own but LRT chassis has already done all the work and they make a good product. I have not had time to mount my rack yet I am in the process of building my own shop while I am layoff

What did you get your K-Member? I like it...

That green car is killer.

White trash, is that car going to have a vinal(spelling) top on it?

no vinyl top in that pic i just have not striped all the old paint off the roof

Help me out guys? what do you guys think about twin 70 mm turbos on this project?

Sounds wild. Would there be enough room for all that plumbing? As you likely know, putting any V-8 in with headers is already a difficult proposition.

Is this a pro-street type car? Beyond the custom front end stuff you mentioned, what are your chassis considerations with that much power on tap?

yes and no on room, would be air to air low boost yes chassis can more than handle the power

go for the turbos! I think they may make packaging easier because you can run the exhaust forward. I want to do a single setup on my '63 using magnum manifolds pointing forwards. thanks for the info on the steering arms.

I have been doing some fab work on a friends twin turbo low low budget mustang and it has me thinking of another project for myself. I found a cool 1980 Zephyr and have a 1998 totaled cobra mustang drive train that i could put twin turbos on. This is a low budget car not mopar but still could be cool

-
Back