Proof that corvette owners aren't too bright

-
And that is why I am glad my Demon has a Lakewood bellhousing in it. Lucky he didn't lose his right foot! Scary stuff that clutch explosion.

Wylde1.

yeah and if it had 620hp you wouldn't need 6800rpm to burn the tires....

stupid azzwipe is what happened to that car, on top of just being a 'rolling grenade' to begin with.

After working for a Chevy garage and dealing with these idiots I can say the reason you never see a 'Vette owner beating on his car is that by the time they get sunk for car payments and insurance they don't have the money for repairs and are some of the cheapest bas***ds when it comes to fixin' the danged things.

This video cracks me up for a few reasons. Owning a Z06 doesn't necessarily equate brains. Where the hell was he? At the tire store buying new tires (notice the "$600 here we come") that the "mechanics" couldn't recognize right off that he was smoking the clutch and tell him to shut it down? Cheap SOB must have been shopping for tires at Sam's Club...

Because i have a friend who works at sams club, i feel the need to defend that remark. Chances are its not that the "mechanics" couldn't recognize the problem, its that they just kinda wanted to watch a dumbass with more money then brains. I would do the same thing, besides catastrophic failure is always more entertaining then a burnout.

My buddy works at one part time these days for extra money and will pretty much let any of those asshats do that stuff. I believe he once watched a guy in a lifted blazer do a big burnout to kill the tires and the guy slid the truck into some stored shopping carts. lol

Because i have a friend who works at sams club, i feel the need to defend that remark. Chances are its not that the "mechanics" couldn't recognize the problem, its that they just kinda wanted to watch a dumbass with more money then brains. I would do the same thing, besides catastrophic failure is always more entertaining then a burnout.

My buddy works at one part time these days for extra money and will pretty much let any of those asshats do that stuff. I believe he once watched a guy in a lifted blazer do a big burnout to kill the tires and the guy slid the truck into some stored shopping carts. lol

Okay, okay...but you must admit, Sam's Club/Wal-Mart hiring practices for the TLE is pretty much if you know how to do more than change oil, bust a tire, and replace a battery you're over qualified, unless you already have a steady job, then they'll take you on part time. (I was willing to take a lesser paying job than my unemployment just to work and was told I was over qualified...)

I used Sam's Club as an example.

Here's an example of brainless, too. Back when I was at one of the Ford garages working in the body shop, the service department had a newer Lightning come in with a popped engine. Seems a local tire store owner's kid was a Lightning owner, too, and decided that there was some life on the customer's tires. Decided he'd play with the customer's Lightning and burn 'em off, to show his employees what the truck could do. He showed 'em alright. He showed them that a rod could get thrown through the block and it could get towed over to the Ford dealership for a new SVT prepped shortblock courtesy of his daddy's wallet.

OK, first thing I thought was this has to be a 'tire only' store, because anyone with mechanical knowledge would have instantly known the tires weren't spinning, but foremost, you can not mistake the smell of radials for the smell of a clutch ! Never in a million years. duh !

Priceless....what was he doing to burn the clutch and not the tires?

E-brake on? Or did he have traction control on? Pipe through the wheels?
The old shear off the lug nuts trick? Or was is just plain dumb luck?

I cant imagine that the tires are so sticky that the clutch would smoke before the tires..........Must be a chevy thing as my Super Bee tires never hold when I dump the clutch.:-D

Kudos to you chevy guy for making us looks so smart. Especially you camera guy...the way you bravely ran in front of that projectile....quick feet.

Hate to say this but it had nothing to do with the guy being a chevy guy, I have seen some pretty dumb Mopar guys also, it is the driver, as a corvette and mopar owner you need to know how to drive a car, everyone of them is different and has to be driven smartly, he probably had the traction control on and in 3rd gear, with the traction control off and in first gear mine will burn the tires up if wanted.

OK, first thing I thought was this has to be a 'tire only' store, because anyone with mechanical knowledge would have instantly known the tires weren't spinning, but foremost, you can not mistake the smell of radials for the smell of a clutch ! Never in a million years. duh !

I cant imagine the way that must have smelled, and made your eyes water, man, i was behind a semi truck with a stuck brake the other day and i almost gagged, watered the heck out of my eyes too.

Okay, okay...but you must admit, Sam's Club/Wal-Mart hiring practices for the TLE is pretty much if you know how to do more than change oil, bust a tire, and replace a battery you're over qualified, unless you already have a steady job, then they'll take you on part time. (I was willing to take a lesser paying job than my unemployment just to work and was told I was over qualified...)

I used Sam's Club as an example.

Here's an example of brainless, too. Back when I was at one of the Ford garages working in the body shop, the service department had a newer Lightning come in with a popped engine. Seems a local tire store owner's kid was a Lightning owner, too, and decided that there was some life on the customer's tires. Decided he'd play with the customer's Lightning and burn 'em off, to show his employees what the truck could do. He showed 'em alright. He showed them that a rod could get thrown through the block and it could get towed over to the Ford dealership for a new SVT prepped shortblock courtesy of his daddy's wallet.

I never denied it, thats why mechanics is still "mechanics" in my post. My friend has worked there for years(since high school) and kept the job as a part time thing. He's the only person i would let touch my vehicle from that place. He's told me stories where they sent some completely useless girl over to work in the tire are because she couldnt do the storefront work. She lasted a day before the department kicked her *** to the register.

People screwing with your car/truck kinda happens everywhere i think. I caught an asshat employee, of a reputable shop, speeding through a parking lot in my DD truck(done up as kind of a sport truck, but not really fast). It just happened that i was coming back from my long walk when i saw him tear *** out of the service bay. Boy the service advisor was surprised when i walked with a loud "W..T..F.. is your employee doing with my truck?"

What's the difference between a porcupine and a corvette? The porcupine has the prick on the outside! Only corvette joke I know and it fits the guy in the video, but not all corvette owners. No offense intended.

-
Back