prop valve questons for disc swap

-

chubsgts

Reaction score
going power disc on my 68 that was man drum
i know i need a prop valve from a disc break car but ive been finding them with the prop valve and a second smaller one inline does and one know about what valve i need both or just the distributing valve/prop valve

thanks

I dont know of a second "valve" inline, Only a block that serves as a T.

On my 69, there is another block, in the line going to the back of the car.

If this proportioning valve is what you have been locating, it's all that you need.

Attachments

• Disc brake A body 67-72 026 [640x480].JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 195
the second block you refer to is probably a residual valve, its unessessary if you use the correct disc/drum proportioning valve.

This is the stock line arrangement in my 69, it has K-H discs on it. Later years with the single piston calipers did not have them... was it originally a crutch to get by with a drum brake proportioning valve? probably...

my car has noting that looks like that illustration in that link that looks like a gm distribution block.
i have a brass prop valve and thats it
the other two guys know what im talking about for the second valve

do yourself a favor...don't use in-line tube. They burned me on a bad line and won't make it right. Fine-lines (I think that's the name) has the same parts and better customer service. Just my opinion.....I'll never use InLIne again.

The LOOK of the prop valve doesn't mean squat. That brass texas shaped one is for drum / disk (power or manual). Darts even change to a cast iron prop valve in 74, that is the same one used through 86 on the FJM series cars! different look, same function.

It has a built in residual function for the rear drums. It keep some pressure on the wheel cylinders to allow the WCs respond to pressure quicker, getting the shoes to the drum faster for more balance braking.

Match what you have now to the system you are building. don't build on what you had before, if you are changing components. its all different.

my car has noting that looks like that illustration in that link that looks like a gm distribution block.
i have a brass prop valve and thats it
the other two guys know what im talking about for the second valve

If you are referring to what I posted, those are right straight out of a Chrysler shop manual. My old 70 RR 440 sixpack car didn't have a "second valve," either

-
Back