Proportioning valve help needed

-

rod7515

Reaction score
Working on my 66 dart and I am changing the brake system to use an 11 3/4 disc brake setup (cordoba set up) along with drum brakes (10") on the rear. When I bought the front brake system/parts I was given this proportioning valve to use in the change over.
View attachment DSCN2159.jpg

Was wondering if anyone could help me with a diagram of how this should be piped up. I am using a master cylinder that I bought from doc diff that is a dual cylinder. It appears all lines going into this valve are 3/16".

Thanks in advance for the help.
Rodney

Just buy a new new one off ebay with the knob to adjust its so much easier, and you can fine tune it better. Just my 2 cents.

I rotated the pic so it would be easier to describe.

In the top goes the supply from the rear bowl in the MC.

The two top outlets left and right supply the front brakes.

The bottom one on the left supplies the rear brake.

The bottom one on the right is the supply from the front bowl in the MC.

The threaded stud is the brake warning light.

At least it's how it's plumbed in my car.

View attachment DSCN2159.jpg

Thanks for the very quick replys, Appreciate the information its just what I was looking for. TEKSEK, do you have any personal experience with the adjustable type? I saw them on the Doc Diff site when I bought the cylinder. Can you really tell a difference as you adjust them?

One last thing I forgot the first post, where can I get the rubber O-ring for the pedal rod. It was rotted from the original cylinder leaking.

Thanks
Rodney

-
Back